Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart Objects, PTLens, Photoshop CS4  (Read 2388 times)

jsch

Smart Objects, PTLens, Photoshop CS4
« on: November 15, 2008, 09:36:36 am »

Hi,

I'm still waiting for my ordered CS4 suit. In the meantime I have some questions, because I would like to improve my workflow.

1. If you open a RAW-file  as a smart object in CS4, do you have the local adjustment possibilities like in LR2?

2. If you have the corrections of PTLens applied to a smart object and you open the file on a computer without PTLens installed. Will the image open at all? Will it open with the previous PTLens corrections? Do you only loose the possibility of changing  the PTLens settings or everything?

3. Is it more stable than CS3?

Thank you,
Johannes

teddillard

• http://www.teddillard.com
Smart Objects, PTLens, Photoshop CS4
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 12:23:44 pm »

Quote from: jsch
Hi,

I'm still waiting for my ordered CS4 suit. In the meantime I have some questions, because I would like to improve my workflow.

1. If you open a RAW-file  as a smart object in CS4, do you have the local adjustment possibilities like in LR2?

2. If you have the corrections of PTLens applied to a smart object and you open the file on a computer without PTLens installed. Will the image open at all? Will it open with the previous PTLens corrections? Do you only loose the possibility of changing  the PTLens settings or everything?

3. Is it more stable than CS3?

Thank you,
Johannes

Yes, you now have the Adjustment Brush and the Gradient Tool.  Link to that video is here, via my site:
http://www.teddillard.com/2008/09/photosho...res-videos.html

I'm not sure on the PTLens issue...  the sure way would just be to try it I guess.  (I don't have it.)

It seems really stable, not sure what system you're on but I'm running a broken-down old powerbook and an iMac G5 and it runs sweet.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 12:25:28 pm by teddillard »
Ted Dillard
Pages: [1]   Go Up