Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading from an IPF5000?  (Read 1723 times)

TonyKarp

Upgrading from an IPF5000?
« on: November 13, 2008, 07:54:17 pm »

I've had an IPF5000 since 2006 and it's made lots of great prints for me.

I really like having a cassette feed along with a roll feed. Let's me handle everything with one printer.

The only problem is that every once in a while it does a head cleaning that takes about ten minutes and uses lots of ink. Canon folks have looked at it, but there doesn't seem to be anything they can do.

I'm thinking of upgrading to an IPF5100. I'm assuming it won't have the same problem and might offer an advance in printing quality. I hear that it has newer printheads, improved black and white inks, and some sort of self-calibration.

The money isn't the issue. I'm just wondering if it would be worth the effort.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

colorguy

Upgrading from an IPF5000?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 08:07:55 pm »

Quote from: TonyKarp
I've had an IPF5000 since 2006 and it's made lots of great prints for me.

I really like having a cassette feed along with a roll feed. Let's me handle everything with one printer.

The only problem is that every once in a while it does a head cleaning that takes about ten minutes and uses lots of ink. Canon folks have looked at it, but there doesn't seem to be anything they can do.

I'm thinking of upgrading to an IPF5100. I'm assuming it won't have the same problem and might offer an advance in printing quality. I hear that it has newer printheads, improved black and white inks, and some sort of self-calibration.

The money isn't the issue. I'm just wondering if it would be worth the effort.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

When you take in to account the new formulation of the black and grey ink sets and the calibration feature, the results are measurable.  The calibration feature gets you back to a known factory standard on which you can then apply your profiles.  Additionally,  the new print head is less prone to clogging.  We can provide you with a test print if you send me a file.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:49:27 pm by colorguy »
Bob
colorHQ.com Color Management Solutio
Pages: [1]   Go Up