Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS4 hard edge brush problem  (Read 1344 times)

canoflan

CS4 hard edge brush problem
« on: November 13, 2008, 10:32:37 am »

In working in CS4 recently and needing to use a normal, 100% hard edged circular brush to paint on a mask, when I use my mouse, (or wacom pen for that matter but let's stick to the mouse for now) and click with black ink on the mask, using either the normal or full brush cursor in the preferences area, the ink doesn't go to the edge of the brush, but always leaves a buffer area between the edge of the ink and the edge of the brush.

Frankly, this is the way it works regardless whether I am painting on a mask or normal layer with some color.

Here is an example of where you need the ink to go to the edge of the brush. When you are retouching an eye and you need to make that pupil black, when you make the brush edge the size of the pupil you want and click with black ink with the brush on 100%, you need that pupil to be the size of the brush; not smaller. Currently, I have to move the brush around a bit or arbitrarily make the brush larger to match the size I need. This type of hunt and peck stuff in PS isn't acceptable and I am sure I am doing something wrong in the settings.

Now, I didn't have this issue in CS3 and am wondering if I have some setting(s) messed up somewhere.

As you can see, anyone using CS4 for graphics or other use will need to know that when they paint with ink and want a 100% hard edge to go to the edge of the brush, this would be a problem.

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone experiencing this? Do you think it might be a setting I have in the mask area that affects all brush uses?

Thanks for any help.
Pat
 Flanakin Photography & Portraiture  

dct123

• http://www.dctomick.com
CS4 hard edge brush problem
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 05:34:11 pm »

Choose Edit/Preferences/Cursors and then check the radial button for "Full Size Brush Tip". BTW: Right mouse click, hold down the Alt key, drag the mouse to enlarge/shrink the cursor size.
Pages: [1]   Go Up