Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color Cast with ABW on Epson 2400  (Read 2332 times)

mas55101

Color Cast with ABW on Epson 2400
« on: November 12, 2008, 05:29:43 pm »

Hi All,
I am at wit's end (short road) with this problem.  I am getting a green cast to my ABW proofs, no matter how I set the color management in the ABW part of the driver.  I am using "No Color Management: on the preview page.  It does not matter whether I send RGB or Grayscale file.  I have tried to check the output of the new cartridges I put in.  

The light Cyan was easy-just used the proper hex code for it.  For the light light black I used d3d3d3 to do a test print and purge the line after replacing the new cartridge.  The light Cyan was actually part of the problem, coming out green instead of light cyan, but the problem was not solved.  

The light light black (both new cartridges) has a cast which could account for the problem.  I'm not certain if the hex number I used is correct, but since it is listed by adobe as light gray, it should be neutral.  I can't believe that two cartridges in a row are bad, or should I say three, since the light cyan was definitely a culprit.

What do I do?  I need to make these proofs.  People are waiting.  I have printing to do.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

markhout

• http://www.markhout.com
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 08:46:12 pm »

I had this before: swapping two almost-empty cartridges followed by multiple head cleaning rounds helped... But YMMV...

Jon Shiu

• http://www.jonshiu.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 08:51:19 pm »

Quote from: mas55101
Hi All,
I am at wit's end (short road) with this problem.  I am getting a green cast to my ABW proofs, no matter how I set the color management in the ABW part of the driver.  I am using "No Color Management: on the preview page.  It does not matter whether I send RGB or Grayscale file.  I have tried to check the output of the new cartridges I put in.  

The light Cyan was easy-just used the proper hex code for it.  For the light light black I used d3d3d3 to do a test print and purge the line after replacing the new cartridge.  The light Cyan was actually part of the problem, coming out green instead of light cyan, but the problem was not solved.  

The light light black (both new cartridges) has a cast which could account for the problem.  I'm not certain if the hex number I used is correct, but since it is listed by adobe as light gray, it should be neutral.  I can't believe that two cartridges in a row are bad, or should I say three, since the light cyan was definitely a culprit.

What do I do?  I need to make these proofs.  People are waiting.  I have printing to do.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Hi, have you done a nozzle check? I don't think the hex code scheme you are trying will give the pure ink colors that you are trying to get.

Jon
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:52:16 pm by Jon Shiu »
Mendocino Coast in Black and White: [url

mas55101

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 09:44:57 pm »

Quote from: Jon Shiu
Hi, have you done a nozzle check? I don't think the hex code scheme you are trying will give the pure ink colors that you are trying to get.

Jon
Indeed, the nozzle checkS were perfect.

I am investigating using a couple of the MIS carbon replacement cartridges.  Paul Roark swears by them for eliminating this particular problem.  Any thoughts?
Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up