Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F/S Aztek DPL 8000 drum scanner W/ Extras  (Read 15788 times)

8x10 user

F/S Aztek DPL 8000 drum scanner W/ Extras
« on: November 12, 2008, 04:28:05 pm »

I am selling an Aztek DPL 8000 drum scanner complete with many
accessories.

Aztek drum scanners are based on howtek’s High Resolve 8000 Series of drum scanners. Aztek’s drum scanners offer many improvements over the ones manufactured by Howtek. Aztek’s scanners are higher quality, more reliable, and faster then the HR8000

Aztek used only the best parts available for there scanners. The boards and bearings were just some of the parts that were upgraded. The Aztek DPL software is with highly regarded in the scanning community, and is currently without equal. The standards are very high over at Aztek. All of their scanners are rigorously tested to guarantee that they stand up to Aztek’s high tolerances.

Aperture size is said to control the resolving power of a drum scanner, a smaller aperture increases the amount of detail that is visible to the scanner. The DPL 8000 is a true 8000 PPI drum scanner with a 3-micron minimum aperture.

Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing the scanner or
if you have any questions or comments. I would be happy to do some
sample scans for any interested parties. Pictures are available upon
request. The asking price is 8000 USD.

Condition

The scanner is very clean inside and out. It just arrived from Aztek
where it was recently serviced and found to be in perfect working
condition. The drum is also in excellent condition and is free of
scratch or known defects. There is a scratch in the paint on the
scanner but it is only cosmetic and can be fixed if desired.

Included with the scanner:

* Digital Photo Lab software ver. 7.0 pro
* Mounting Station
* Drum (free of scratches)
* Manuals
* Scan Server
* Miscellaneous supplies
* Scanner crate

Specs:

Scanning Area    12” x 12” (304mm x 304mm)
Scanning Principle    Single pass with 3 independent photo multipliers and aperture light path control
Spot Size    17 sizes, starting at 3 microns or 3 thousandth of mm
Optical Step Resolutions   Twenty steps: 16,000 x 8,000; 8000x2, 4000x2, 3200x2, 2,666x2, 2000x2, 1666x2, 1333x2, 1142x2, 1000x2, 888x2, 727x2, 615x2, 500x2, 400x2, 320x2, 250x2, 200x2, 100x2, 80x2
Scan Modes RGB and CMYK density, RGB log, gray-tone, ICC/ICM
File Formats    TIFF 8, 16, 24, and 48-bit RGB; CMYK and Gray; PSD; Loss-Less; WMF; BMP
Interface    ANSI SCSI-2
Light Source    Two halogen photo optic lamps
Weight    ~168 lbs (76.2 kg)’
Drum speed 460 -1600 RPM

Shipping:

This item is available for pick up or could be shipped at the buyers’ expense. I have used trump card to ship the scanner in the past and I have been satisfied with the results.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 04:51:40 pm by 8x10 user »

leicaman94044

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 06:10:29 pm »

Hello,
Please advise as to where you're located as I'd be intrerested if you're on the west coast.  I have a few questions regarding the scanner, so please email me at leicaman nine four 0 four four at yahoo dot com so I can contact you directly.
Thanks,
Lawrence

8x10 user

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 12:12:18 am »

Hi Lawrence,

I am located in a small town that is just a little bit south of Madison Wisconsin. Shipping to the West Coast should not be that much. I recently used Trump Card Inc. to ship the scanner from Irvine Ca to my location, they were highly recommended by Aztek, and the total including ~15k worth of insurance was only $325.

The crate was designed with a space for most of the accessories and the additional boxes with the mounting station and scan server can be strapped to the top of the box (that is what Aztek does).

I will send you an E-mail shortly with my contact information. Feel free to call me anytime tomorrow with your questions.

Best Regards,
Ed

Quote from: leicaman94044
Hello,
Please advise as to where you're located as I'd be intrerested if you're on the west coast.  I have a few questions regarding the scanner, so please email me at leicaman nine four 0 four four at yahoo dot com so I can contact you directly.
Thanks,
Lawrence

8x10 user

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 04:27:06 pm »

Price reduced to $7500!

8x10 user

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 02:49:43 am »

Bump!

8x10 user

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 12:55:57 am »

Still for sale!

8x10 user

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 02:38:27 pm »

Price is reduced to $7000 and I am including two extra drums that have some marks on them but they may be fixed by Azteks drum polishing kit (included).

I accept cashiers checks, and credit cards.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:33:14 am by 8x10 user »

8x10 user

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 11:05:27 pm »

The scanner is still for sale and I am in less of a rush to sell it. I was scanning some kodakchromes on it recently and the results are amazing. I would be happy to do some test scans for any interested parties. Also if you are near the Madison (WI) area you could stop by and have a look at the machine in action.

8x10 user

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 01:33:39 am »

The scanner is still for sale. However, it is necessary for me to make the following revisions to my original ad:

•   The software turns out to be standard version rather then the pro version (Apparently there should have been a sticker on the CD that replaced pro with standard)

•   The good drum has a 1.5 cm scratch near the bottom right hand corner of the drum. The rest of the drum appears to be flawless however when I hold it up to a strong light source I can see some faint marks. The faint cleaning marks don’t appear to affect the final scan even at 8000 PPI. It should be possible to polish out the faint marks, but I don’t think the 1.5cm scratch is going to come out. A replacement cylinder is $1100 but I really don’t it is necessary to replace it.

•   I was wrong; the scratches on the other two drums will not come out with polishing. The cylinders can be replaced for $1100 or one could work around the scratches. I’m not 100% sure but it might be possible to have the scratches filled.

Here is a complete list of the items included with the scanner. Basically this is everything one would need to run the scanner besides power, a monitor, a mouse, and a keyboard.

2 partially used rolls of Tessa tape
1 partially used roll of Kami Tape
1 partially used bottle of drum cleaner
1 partially used bottle of film cleaner
2 partially used bottle of Kami mounting fluid.
1 Kami mounting fluid application bottle
1 just opened box of Az-42 optical Mylar
1 scanner drum that is in good condition
2 scanner drums that are in poor condition
1 scanner polishing kit from Aztek
Mounting station
Half a box or more of scanner wipes
Aztek Scan server (computer) with a box full of the original CDS and drivers
12 ft SCSI cord
Adaptec 2930 SCSI card (brand new in box)
Aztek DPL 7.0 standard CD with Dongle and manual
Power cord for scanner
A binder full of manuals and software for a howtek 4500
4x5” calibration target W/ Silverfast instructions on the cover
Recently purchased shipping crate with shock absorbing feet

The asking price is $7,000 US. Shipping is available worldwide and I accept cashiers check, bank transfer, credit cards, and PayPal (if buyers pays fees)

stephen hilyard

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 10:15:21 am »

Is this still for sale? I am in Madison WI and I would like to take a look at it. You can email me at this user name at yahoo.com. Thanks, Steve

Quote from: 8x10 user
The scanner is still for sale. However, it is necessary for me to make the following revisions to my original ad:

•   The software turns out to be standard version rather then the pro version (Apparently there should have been a sticker on the CD that replaced pro with standard)

•   The good drum has a 1.5 cm scratch near the bottom right hand corner of the drum. The rest of the drum appears to be flawless however when I hold it up to a strong light source I can see some faint marks. The faint cleaning marks don’t appear to affect the final scan even at 8000 PPI. It should be possible to polish out the faint marks, but I don’t think the 1.5cm scratch is going to come out. A replacement cylinder is $1100 but I really don’t it is necessary to replace it.

•   I was wrong; the scratches on the other two drums will not come out with polishing. The cylinders can be replaced for $1100 or one could work around the scratches. I’m not 100% sure but it might be possible to have the scratches filled.

Here is a complete list of the items included with the scanner. Basically this is everything one would need to run the scanner besides power, a monitor, a mouse, and a keyboard.

2 partially used rolls of Tessa tape
1 partially used roll of Kami Tape
1 partially used bottle of drum cleaner
1 partially used bottle of film cleaner
2 partially used bottle of Kami mounting fluid.
1 Kami mounting fluid application bottle
1 just opened box of Az-42 optical Mylar
1 scanner drum that is in good condition
2 scanner drums that are in poor condition
1 scanner polishing kit from Aztek
Mounting station
Half a box or more of scanner wipes
Aztek Scan server (computer) with a box full of the original CDS and drivers
12 ft SCSI cord
Adaptec 2930 SCSI card (brand new in box)
Aztek DPL 7.0 standard CD with Dongle and manual
Power cord for scanner
A binder full of manuals and software for a howtek 4500
4x5” calibration target W/ Silverfast instructions on the cover
Recently purchased shipping crate with shock absorbing feet

The asking price is $7,000 US. Shipping is available worldwide and I accept cashiers check, bank transfer, credit cards, and PayPal (if buyers pays fees)

stephen hilyard

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 10:16:56 am »

That would be stephen underscore hilyard @ etc

Quote from: stephen hilyard
Is this still for sale? I am in Madison WI and I would like to take a look at it. You can email me at this user name at yahoo.com. Thanks, Steve

DRounds

Re: F/S Aztek DPL 8000 drum scanner W/ Extras
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 09:54:17 am »

I know it's a long shot.  Is this scanner is still for sale?

RandyR

Re: F/S Aztek DPL 8000 drum scanner W/ Extras
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 02:18:27 pm »

4500 Howtek Scanner

I have a Howtek 4500 Scanner for sale. I owned a graphics company and we used it for in-house projects only and not as a "scans-for-sale" scanner. I might have made 400 scans total. I paid $24,950 for the unit. It is in perfect condition. Comes with Aurora Software (paid $3,000 for software), an older MAC used as a server, mounting station and all original manuals for scanner and software. I bought this new. Because of its exceptional condition I would like $5,000 for everything. Shipping this properly and insured can cost a bit but I would be open to splitting that cost with you. If this seems unfairly priced, call and make me an offer but I think it is priced very fairly considering the low miles on this machine. Feel free to call me with any questions. 

Product Category   Scanner
    Manufacturer   Howtek
    Model   Scanmaster 4500 
    Maximum Scan Area    11.0" x 11.8" 
    Density Range    3.8D 
    Optical Resolution   32 to 4,000dpi (optical)
    Media   reflective and transparent (positive and negative) originals
    Technology   Drum Scanner using 3 PMTs
    Color Depth    12 bits per color, 4,096 levels of gray
    Drum Speed    Drum speed of 600 to 1600rpm
Features    14 aperatures, manual or automatically selected, Automatic or user controllable focus

Dimensions   38.0"W x 12.8"H x 20.65"D
Weight   140lbs, 64 KG 

Randy at:

Lake Forest California.
Pages: [1]   Go Up