Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LRCat file size after upgrade  (Read 1681 times)

Mark LW

LRCat file size after upgrade
« on: November 11, 2008, 04:28:52 pm »

I upgraded from 1.3.1 to 2.1 yesterday.  Only about 10% of my images made it into 2.1, I had to manually import the rest from the hard drive.  I've noticed that the LRcat file size went from 35 MB (LR 1.3.1) to 13 MB (LR2.1).  Everything seems to be back to normal as the images with their adjustments are where they should be in 2.1.  Is this decrease in file size normal or am I missing something I don't know about??  I have a little over 400 images in LR.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 05:17:15 pm by Mark LW »

Victoria Bampton

• Lightroom Queen
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 03:56:31 am »

So when you upgraded, it only upgraded X percentage of your 1.x catalog?

Probably best to try upgrading again - just go to File > Open Catalog and point to your 1.x catalog, and let it upgrade again (to another filename) and see if it completes the upgrade itself this time.
Victoria
[url=http://www.lightroomqueen.

Mark LW

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 04:20:20 pm »

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for your reply.  Here's what I just tried:  in My Pictures I opened the  1.x catalog folder (which shows 5MB of data remaining, down from 35 before the initial upgrade to 2.1) and LR asked me to upgrade the catalog for use with LR2.  It chose Lightroom2 Catalog-2lrcat for the upgrade destination.  I did that, opened LR 2.1 with that new catalog and there were no images showing.

Do I need to reimport from the hard drive all my images into the new catalog (Catalog-2)?  Or, rather than choosing Catalog-2 as the upgrade destination should I choose the LR2 catalog that was created when I first upgraded?

As I mentioned earlier after the "failed" attempt to fully upgrade to 2.1 I imported the remaining images into 2.1 from the hard drive.  The images that I manually imported have their adjustments but have lost their flags and history.  I've also lost my collections.  Perhaps this is what is remaining in the 1.x catalog?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:35:35 pm by Mark LW »

Victoria Bampton

• Lightroom Queen
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 08:56:35 am »

The upgrade to 2.x shouldn't have shrunk your 1.x catalog.  Try DUPLICATING your previous 1.x catalog BACKUP and check the size of that, before trying to upgrade it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 08:56:52 am by Victoria Bampton »
Victoria
[url=http://www.lightroomqueen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up