Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Hyperdrive Colorspace  (Read 4074 times)

Photolandscape

Problem with Hyperdrive Colorspace
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:31:16 pm »

I am traveling in the Eastern Sierras. Yesterday, I took some shots with my Leica M8 and recorded them on to a so far always reliable Transcend 150X 4GB SD card. I then attempted to download the images from the Transcend card as normal to my 120GB Hyperdrive Colorspace. It has at least 100GB of available space at the moment. Here is what is happening:

I select Backup. The HC backs up the card as usual--on the screen everything seems normal--I see the progress bar and status says Copying.

I then click on Photo. Then Browser. The Select Folder window appears. I select the Drive ©. I select the Folder I just copied onto the HC. Click on DCIM. Then Select 308 Leica. Then a get an icon with a folder with a green arrow coming out of it, and no title for the folder. If I select it, nothing happens.

So, it appears the SD card is being copied just fine, but I can't open the files or see images on the screen.

This is going to be a big problem on this trip unless I can correct it, or fine some DVD's to burn image to instead.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 01:11:27 pm »

Don't know exactly, but maybe the device can only copy and not display a DNG?  Are the files stored on the device --- IWO can you connect it to a computer and copy and open the files?

Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Anthony R

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 01:34:39 pm »

http://www.hyperdrive.com/kb_results.asp?ID=145

Not your problem exactly, I don't think, but perhaps on the site there is help for you.

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 01:48:57 pm »

Have you tried copying the data from Hyperdrive to your HDD?

Roy

• http://
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 10:50:06 pm »

Is your hyperdrive firmware up to date? Support to view M8 raw files was added sometime early this year. Easy to update. Downloads on the hyperdrive web site.

If, on the other hand, you have successfully viewed M8 raw files in the past, something else is going on.

If this is your first use of the hyperdrive to view M8 files and your firmware is old, there probably isn't a lot to worry about. As I understand it, the hyperdrive copies everything on the memory card when you do a backup. If it can't make sense of it, it won't display it, but the data is there. Find a computer, connect your hyperdrive in USB mode and have a look at what is on the hyperdrive disk.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:57:53 pm by Roy »
Roy

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 12:14:58 pm »

I've owned a Hyperdrive Colorspace 160GB for a while and have had frequent problems with it, ranging from failure to copy to incompatabilities with simple Ridata 150x cards, to problems with some UDMA cards. My last shoot, I had problems after the second day, and ended up using my slightly older Nexto for the remaining three days. I've sent mine in for repair/replacement several times (they at least have responsive tech/customer support -- Five Stars there), but frankly, I feel it is no longer dependable. I plan to buy a Nexto with an eSATA connection (great, since my notebook has an eSATA/USB port), because I've found their drives more reliable. (For that matter, my Hyperdrive - non-Colorspace is more reliable.) I don't care as much about seeing the downloaded images (rarely if ever use it), so I'm happy to trade that feature for better reliablility.

You might consider the same.

new_haven

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 02:40:12 am »

I purchased a nexto nd2700 extreme and a fujitsu 320mb drive for a recent trip. Installing the drive was easy and so far, I've had no problems whatsoever. I have no experience with the colorspace, but would recommend the nexto without reservations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up