Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Photo Paper Pro Platinum  (Read 6531 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Canon Photo Paper Pro Platinum
« on: November 09, 2008, 10:53:02 pm »

Has anyone tried this relatively new paper yet? Or know much about it?

Canon are claiming more than 200 years archival storage with this paper with their LUCIA inks.

I am pretty keen to give it a go with the IPF5100 - anyone already tried it?

This ultimate photo paper helps produce an incredible range of colors with two ink receiving layers, giving you exceptional quality in your prints. Couple that with the professional thickness and glossy feel of this paper and you've got all the ingredients you need for unparalleled home-made professional prints.

Visit the Technology Guide for more details.

Canon Papers

If you then click the Pro Platinum paper it gives all the technical details - quoted as their new flagship paper.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:55:24 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Dan Wells

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 10:41:18 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
Has anyone tried this relatively new paper yet? Or know much about it?

Canon are claiming more than 200 years archival storage with this paper with their LUCIA inks.

I am pretty keen to give it a go with the IPF5100 - anyone already tried it?

Canon Papers

If you then click the Pro Platinum paper it gives all the technical details - quoted as their new flagship paper.

Looks to me like it's mostly for their dye based printers, not the iPF series, for two reasons. The iPF printers (like all pigment printers except possibly the HPs with gloss optimizers) are really best on semi-gloss and fiber-gloss papers, NOT super high gloss RC papers. If they really meant it for the iPFs, they would produce it in roll sizes, not in sheets only that go up to the sizes of their largest dye printers. The best iPF papers are various non-Canon papers (I prefer the new Hahnemuhle Baryta, and other people like a variety of similar things).

-Dan

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 05:48:22 am »

Quote from: Dan Wells
Looks to me like it's mostly for their dye based printers, not the iPF series, for two reasons. The iPF printers (like all pigment printers except possibly the HPs with gloss optimizers) are really best on semi-gloss and fiber-gloss papers, NOT super high gloss RC papers. If they really meant it for the iPFs, they would produce it in roll sizes, not in sheets only that go up to the sizes of their largest dye printers. The best iPF papers are various non-Canon papers (I prefer the new Hahnemuhle Baryta, and other people like a variety of similar things).

-Dan

Agreed - good points.
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up