Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Users with Nikon 14-24 f2.8 G - How're You Liking It?  (Read 14910 times)

Ray

Canon Users with Nikon 14-24 f2.8 G - How're You Liking It?
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 02:30:27 am »

One has to be very careful with tilting issues when using a wide angle lens. My previous examples might have given the impression that the Nikkor 14-24 was deficient in this respect. Not at all. It's just something you have to be aware of.

In the following shot, I deliberately adjusted the tilt of the lens to get the tree trunks vertical. A slight upwards tilt upwards results in the trunks converging towards the centre, and a slight downwards tilt results in the tree trunks falling out of the picture.

The followung shot of the lake, on the other side of the mountain to my studio, is slightly over exposed. I bracketed, so no problem.

What you should see here, is a slight shift towards green in the sky just to the left of the right-most tree trunk. The blue channel has blown. But no problem. I bracketed this shot. I have a correct exposure to work with.

I show below also 100% crops of the distant view of the mountain tops, and a 100% crop of the bottom left corner. The resolution in the bottom left corner is superb for a full frame sensor. Phwoar!

[attachment=10039:7669_overview.jpg]  [attachment=10042:7669_distance.jpg]  [attachment=10041:7669_lak...t_corner.jpg]

Sorry! Shot at 14mm and probably F11.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 02:34:09 am by Ray »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up