Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APS wont profile  (Read 2545 times)

Charles Gast

APS wont profile
« on: November 08, 2008, 09:54:29 pm »

I loaded and calibrated hp hahnemuhle fine art paper and when I hit the forward arrow to go to the point in aps where you are supposed to select the target to profile nothing happens.  I tried un installing and re installing aps to no avail.

Jim Sanderson

APS wont profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 03:42:24 pm »

Quote from: Charles Gast
I loaded and calibrated hp hahnemuhle fine art paper and when I hit the forward arrow to go to the point in aps where you are supposed to select the target to profile nothing happens.  I tried un installing and re installing aps to no avail.

It's enough to drive one nuts.  I didn't know what was going on either.  I'm assuming you're using Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325 ml.  I had the same problem.  I got further than you though.  I got all the way through the profiling process and then the printer rejected the profile.  I tried it again and had the same problem you had, the buttons wouldn't work.  I reinstalled APS again after talking to HP.  I just got off the phone this morning with HP tech support.  Went went through the whole process....that is he downloaded the ICC profile from Hahnemule and saved it into his printer, as I did, then loaded the same paper and went through the proceedure together using the same paper and downloaded the same ICC profile from Hahnemule, printed out a chart, profiled it on our two different Z3200ps machines and the same thing happened.....the printer rejected the profile.  Took a couple of hours. He was using a Windows XP machine and I use a Vista 64 machine.  End result, the ICC profile from Hahnemuhle for the Fine Art Baryta is not conpatable with the APS system.  You can't profile it with APS.  They're going to work on a patch.  I also profiled this morning some Hahnemule Photo Rag 308 matte and had no problems.  

My "work around" at this point is not to use APS with Hahnemule Fine Art 325ml paper, but instead use the HP printer utility to profile the paper and make sure to use soft proof in CS.  Hope this helps.  By the way, I was satified with the tech support I got from HP, although it did take a while to reach a "resolution".

Jim

Charles Gast

APS wont profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 05:44:04 pm »

Quote from: Jim Sanderson
It's enough to drive one nuts.  I didn't know what was going on either.  I'm assuming you're using Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325 ml.  I had the same problem.  I got further than you though.  I got all the way through the profiling process and then the printer rejected the profile.  I tried it again and had the same problem you had, the buttons wouldn't work.  I reinstalled APS again after talking to HP.  I just got off the phone this morning with HP tech support.  Went went through the whole process....that is he downloaded the ICC profile from Hahnemule and saved it into his printer, as I did, then loaded the same paper and went through the proceedure together using the same paper and downloaded the same ICC profile from Hahnemule, printed out a chart, profiled it on our two different Z3200ps machines and the same thing happened.....the printer rejected the profile.  Took a couple of hours. He was using a Windows XP machine and I use a Vista 64 machine.  End result, the ICC profile from Hahnemuhle for the Fine Art Baryta is not conpatable with the APS system.  You can't profile it with APS.  They're going to work on a patch.  I also profiled this morning some Hahnemule Photo Rag 308 matte and had no problems.  

My "work around" at this point is not to use APS with Hahnemule Fine Art 325ml paper, but instead use the HP printer utility to profile the paper and make sure to use soft proof in CS.  Hope this helps.  By the way, I was satified with the tech support I got from HP, although it did take a while to reach a "resolution".

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I was actually trying to profile with APS the HP professional satin photo paper.  There is a canned HP profile so theoretically doing the calibration and using their profile shoud be fine.  I had profiled it with aps once before though.  I am not messing with it now. I am using the APS profile I made a few months back. I wanted to re profile due to new ink carts and a new roll of paper. You know. The stuff you buy aps and a printer with a spectro for >: )
I'm not in the mood to play  "fix HP's bugs" right now.

I don't understand what you are using Hahnemuhles icc profile for.  APS creates the profile. If you apply an ICC profile to print the target the whole process is corrupt.  I don't see where APS lets you do that anyway -

rdonson

APS wont profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 06:13:35 pm »

Charles,

What version of APS are you running?  What version of the firmware, drivers, etc ?  What kind of computer. OS, etc.?

Is it just this one paper that refuses to profile?  

Does APS work OK to calibrate & profile your monitor?
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up