Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winged Migration  (Read 3557 times)

Jim

Winged Migration
« on: August 27, 2003, 11:05:05 pm »

I agree, it was amazing. I loved how if you typed up the spoken words in that movie, you'de maybe get a page at most. Its all birds and landscape for I think over two hours.

mhawkins

Winged Migration
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 06:28:16 pm »

Although they used some innovative techniques to get the arial shots (including remote controlled gliders and helicopters to get the cameras in formation with the birds), the film has also gotten some criticism for distorting reality.  See:

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/cctimes/5936787.htm

But I don't think it detracts from the fact that there is some spectacular aerial footage in this film.

The official web site of the movie has some info on the aircraft used, click on the "The Production" (second link from the top, site requires Flash):

http://www.sonyclassics.com/wingedmigration/home.html

-Matt

jdlevy

Winged Migration
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 09:01:48 pm »

My wife and I saw "Winged Migration" tonight and I must say that it was one of the most thrilling movies to come along in a while. Many of you have thrilled to the site of migrating birds at many wildlife preserves, etc. (I was attracted to the Bosque del Apache site by, among others, this website) but nothing compares to this film. Great cinematography, editing and music. A world view of bird migration that took years to film.

Try it, you'll like it!

David
David
 My

Peter McLennan

Winged Migration
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 11:37:07 pm »

I saw the trailer for this film on TV and (on one viewing) I was convinced that many of the images were composites.  If they weren't, then this is the best aerial photography I've ever seen.    

Even if they were composites, it's still amazing.

I've earned my living shooting aerials for many years.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up