Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on the Latest Leaf Capture for Mac  (Read 1857 times)

Rudy Torres

Question on the Latest Leaf Capture for Mac
« on: November 08, 2008, 12:12:52 pm »

Hello Leaf Users

I am looking at buying a Leaf Digital Back. I downloaded the latest Leaf Capture Software and I was you Leaf shooters can help.
As i was looking around the software, I couldn't figure out where or how to apply the "Gray Balance" to the next images as you shoot.
On CaptureOne Pro, it's easy, just a button that says "Set As Capture White Balance". Does the Leaf software have any similar buttons or function.
Thanks in advance for the help.

- Rudy

yaya

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 12:31:52 pm »

Quote from: Rudy Torres
Hello Leaf Users

I am looking at buying a Leaf Digital Back. I downloaded the latest Leaf Capture Software and I was you Leaf shooters can help.
As i was looking around the software, I couldn't figure out where or how to apply the "Gray Balance" to the next images as you shoot.
On CaptureOne Pro, it's easy, just a button that says "Set As Capture White Balance". Does the Leaf software have any similar buttons or function.
Thanks in advance for the help.

- Rudy

If you're in the shoot tab and you have a back connected, then the camera will be updated automatically:

[attachment=9537:Set_Grey_Balance.jpg]

If you are in the Adjust tab and you wish to update the camera, you press the little arrow on the Right (this is true for curves, profiles and all the other image parameters)

[attachment=9538:Picture_22.jpg]

Hope this helps, yair

Rudy Torres

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 12:58:04 pm »

Thanks for the help Yaya.
So if I understand it right the settings are fed back to the camera as some type of "preference file" stored in the digital back.
The raw image will display on the screen a corrected image using that preference as I shoot, right? No hitting the button everytime an image pops up?

- Rudy Torres

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 01:29:40 pm »

Correct.
The funny thing is you can set everything.
Let's say your AD wants you to shoot B&W with high contrast you can make one shot the way he likes it, store it to the back and all shots come in that way.
Saves a lot of time.
The real good thing about this that you immediatly see what the AD wants and the other real good thing is that because it's RAW you can always go back, the original RAWs are still untouched.

Rudy Torres

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 01:48:09 pm »

Thanks Frank...
I appreciate the info.  
I'm playing with some raw files I downloaded from Leaf's website. Images look good.
Just a matter of learning where all the buttons are.
Frank you owned a ZD back and went to Aptus right?

- Rudy

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 04:13:00 pm »

Correct.
I had too much trouble with the ZD and when I saw the Leaf files I was sold

Pages: [1]   Go Up