Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC LCD2690WUXi2-bk vs. NEC LCD3090WQXi-bk  (Read 25934 times)

msbc

NEC LCD2690WUXi2-bk vs. NEC LCD3090WQXi-bk
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 05:46:59 pm »

Quote from: digitaldog
There's a bit of a disconnect between hitting a contrast ration and a set cd/m2. Which is more important? First off, 140cd/m2 from the NEC out of the box is hard to nail, its such a bright unit that I'd personally not even start the process at less than 150 cd/m2.

Andrew,

This could be a real problem in trying to match print to screen? If prints are too dark then screen luminance needs to be decreased.
Mark Connell
Melbourne, Australia

juicy

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 06:44:20 pm »

Quote from: msbc
Andrew,

This could be a real problem in trying to match print to screen? If prints are too dark then screen luminance needs to be decreased.

What about increasing the level of illuminance for the print?  

walter.sk

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 07:02:38 pm »

Quote from: richardhagen
I've just bought a couple of new MacBookPros and the dual-link dvi cables are on backorder for 4 - 5 weeks. I will be getting the 3090 as soon as this cable is available. They said it will be available around Xmas.

rh
A plug for my favorite online store, Provantage.  Their price on the 3090 is $1899.99, and they have over 100 in stock.  Delivery was $25 and I got it 3 business days later, with no sales tax.  

I have been ordering from them for years.  I get my roll paper and HP Z3100 inks from them, and they generally have the lowest, or close to the lowest, prices on the web, depending on the item.  They have proved themselves extremely reliable, in my experience.

richardhagen

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 07:27:08 pm »

Quote from: walter.sk
A plug for my favorite online store, Provantage.  Their price on the 3090 is $1899.99, and they have over 100 in stock.  Delivery was $25 and I got it 3 business days later, with no sales tax.  

I have been ordering from them for years.  I get my roll paper and HP Z3100 inks from them, and they generally have the lowest, or close to the lowest, prices on the web, depending on the item.  They have proved themselves extremely reliable, in my experience.

I checked a few products that I'm interested in buying and you're right. Their prices are excellent! Looks like I'll be using them for many products that I would ordinarily buy from b&h.

Thanks for the info!

rh

bellimages

• http://www.bellimages.com
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 12:42:59 pm »

Quote from: richardhagen
I've just bought a couple of new MacBookPros and the dual-link dvi cables are on backorder for 4 - 5 weeks. I will be getting the 3090 as soon as this cable is available. They said it will be available around Xmas.

rh

So it's the dual-link dvi cable that will allow you to connect the NEC 3090 to the MacBook Pro???  Essentially that replaces the cable that NEC sends with their monitor .... correct?
Jan Bell, Owner/Photographer, Bell Image

richardhagen

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 01:20:25 pm »

Quote from: bellimages
So it's the dual-link dvi cable that will allow you to connect the NEC 3090 to the MacBook Pro???  Essentially that replaces the cable that NEC sends with their monitor .... correct?

Yes. This is my understanding. But also it pays to wait because (from the Nec website (scroll to the bottom/red text):

[blockquote]The new 13-inch MacBook and 15-inch MacBook Pro with Mini DisplayPort video outputs released by Apple in October 2008 are not currently compatible with SpectraView when using the DisplayPort to DVI adapter from Apple. SpectraView will not be able to calibrate NEC monitors when connected to these Macs. NEC is currently working with Apple to try and resolve this issue.[/blockquote]
When I get the 3090 monitor I definitely would get the recommended calibration software and recommended dual-link dvi cables. Apple says that the cable will not be available until the end of December and the Nec tech people say that once the cable is available, so will the calibration software.

rh

GilPhoto

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2009, 06:10:25 pm »

Hello and sorry for re-animating an old thread...

I just ordered a LCD2690WUXi2-BK-SV  and was wondering about 2 things that I have concerns with:

#1,  the pixels per inch is the lowest of the family and is this an adverse issue with regards to photo (beauty) retouching work?

#2,  this is more of a subjective question but the literature from nec is so vague that I have no clue...   from the literature,  I kinda' get the impression that the 24" is "photo" work and that the 26" is "graphic" work  (but I wanted the most gamut for the money).   Am I going the right way with the 26" ?   (24 is very small as I am already working on a 26, 4:3)

Anyway... since I could not see one working (there is no reseller here in Montreal)  I kinda' jumped blind....so I am a bit nervous about the whole experience... especially that I am jumping from CRT (barcovision) to LCD.

Many thanx to any responders.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up