Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H3DII-39/50 with 28, 35, HTS 1.5 and HC 2.2/100  (Read 12456 times)

Nick-T

Hasselblad H3DII-39/50 with 28, 35, HTS 1.5 and HC 2.2/100
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 04:53:36 pm »

Quote from: jsch
Here are my questions:
- Who has experience in using the Hasselblad for architecture? Is postproduction (almost) just RAW conversion and does DAC do the trick?

Yes the post production is pretty much just RAW conversion in my experience. I shoot H3D as well as a Nikon D3. The D3 is a fantastic camera but the files always need post production, the H3D files are pretty much deliverable out of Phocus (although I'm always going to tweak them in PS).
- Can you compare the look of the HC 2.2/100@2.8 to the one of the EF 85/1.2@1.4?
- Is it so that the Hasselblad lenses geometrically well corrected? Resolution is not so much my point. I'm looking for undistorted images without CA - in architecture and people photography.
You really must get someone to show you before and afters with the various levels of DAC disabled/enabled, they really do a fantastic job. The corrections for the HTS are also very impressive considering all the variables involved.
Cannot wait to get my hands on the HTS, since shooting with it at Photokina it seems that every single job needs it!

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

omginparis

• http://www.omgphotographe.com
Hasselblad H3DII-39/50 with 28, 35, HTS 1.5 and HC 2.2/100
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 05:15:11 am »

This week in paris we will have a small photo salon. I've been told by hasselblad 's people that we should be able to try and test the HTS.
I'll make comparison with my DS Mark III -that I use every day for my achitecture /intériors pictures.
I do not use a view camera any more because  most of the the time I have to handle  with: people in the pictures, work fast and shoot a lot of pictures, carry gears in bad condition, ...
Well as I'm about to ad MF to my equipment may be hassy is in good position (handling /price/system/ warranty-services)- even though I find the camera ugly (but this doesn't have to be discuss)
www.omgphotographe.com
Quote from: Nick-T
Yes the post production is pretty much just RAW conversion in my experience. I shoot H3D as well as a Nikon D3. The D3 is a fantastic camera but the files always need post production, the H3D files are pretty much deliverable out of Phocus (although I'm always going to tweak them in PS).

You really must get someone to show you before and afters with the various levels of DAC disabled/enabled, they really do a fantastic job. The corrections for the HTS are also very impressive considering all the variables involved.
Cannot wait to get my hands on the HTS, since shooting with it at Photokina it seems that every single job needs it!

Nick-T
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up