Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 4.5.2 released  (Read 10264 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Capture One 4.5.2 released
« on: November 06, 2008, 03:55:34 pm »

The problem discussed in this thread has, according to Phase One, been fixed in the release of Capture One 4.5.2.

We'll be testing this and will report our findings.

Download Capture One 4.5.2

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer  |  Personal Portfolio

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 04:33:18 pm »

Doug does this effect current Phase back shooters or is this related only to Canon camera's. If Phase shooters only does Phase recommend we update or stay with 4.5.1. Sorry for the tough question but if only Canon than I will not bother on this update. Or should all camera owners make this update that currently run Macs
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

tho_mas

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 04:46:27 pm »

Quote from: Guy Mancuso
Doug does this effect current Phase back shooters or is this related only to Canon camera's. If Phase shooters only does Phase recommend we update or stay with 4.5.1. Sorry for the tough question but if only Canon than I will not bother on this update. Or should all camera owners make this update that currently run Macs
release notes: http://tinyurl.com/6y84lr
Solved issues
Below you will find a list of solved issues in this release vs. Capture One 4.5.1:
Mac:
Solved potential data loss/corruption issue.
Solved an issue that could cause the application to crash during import, processing and
autosaving.
Solved an issue that could potentially cause the application to hang if shooting tethered and
adjusting images at the same time.
Default session type is now set to “Tethered” which includes a capture folder.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 05:29:31 pm »

Quote from: Guy Mancuso

As Tho_mas points out the big fix only applies to non-phase. If you're only shooting Phase then you can hold off for a bit while we test it and put it through its paces. However 4.5.0 and 4.5.1 have been pulled from PhaseOne.com (even the archive) because of the problem with canon files discussed in the previous thread (a measure of how seriously they took the issue).

There are two small bug fixes that apply to phase (as noted in the release notes), but neither are in-of-themselves enough to upgrade if you're busy shooting. Maybe look at it again next time things slow down for you.

Snook

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 06:02:54 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
As Tho_mas points out the big fix only applies to non-phase. If you're only shooting Phase then you can hold off for a bit while we test it and put it through its paces. However 4.5.0 and 4.5.1 have been pulled from PhaseOne.com (even the archive) because of the problem with canon files discussed in the previous thread (a measure of how seriously they took the issue).

There are two small bug fixes that apply to phase (as noted in the release notes), but neither are in-of-themselves enough to upgrade if you're busy shooting. Maybe look at it again next time things slow down for you.

Thanks guys.. That was a VERY fast update...
Hope all works out..
I shot all day today with out an hipcups at all with the P30. About 800 images and only one that got some kind of orange thin line through it..
I would say that is great.
The images came in smoothly and pretty fast on My Laptop with 30" cinema Display.
Nice to have that image by itself on the 30" cinema display and tools on the laptop...:+]
Thanks guys at Phase for the quick update.
Snook

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 06:09:36 pm »

Thanks Doug I will wait until after next week when jobs are not pressing and my body goes in for it's update also. Thanks for being the middle man, this is the customer service that I paid for when i bought my back and what i keep hammering about when folks are looking to buy is make sure there is a backbone to your purchase. You want support and when the stuff hits the fan you simply need your hand held. Not saying others do not have this support just make sure it is there in your country and area in which you reside and when you need it.
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

michaelbiondo

• http://michael@michaelbiondo.com
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 01:44:40 pm »

Hello, I had quite a day yesterday with the new 5.5.2 software, shooting in the studio teathered and to card, Performance was inconsistent, in the morning everything was working fine., just a bit slow with the teather, after about 15 frames, shooting at about 1 frame per second, I would "camera busy" warning and i would have to wait for a few seconds before I could begin shooting again. In the afternoon, C1pro crashed a number of times and would not let us shoot teatherd, the camera would fire but no file would import.
Very frustrating to say the least. Basically the software got funkier as the day went on, crashing repeatedly. I am shooting with a 1ds mark III into a macbook pro2.4 ghz with 4 gig ram and updated OS 10.5.5 system. Is anyone else experiencing this? I like the new features that this software has but it really does not seem ready for primetime...

Doug Peterson

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 06:13:07 pm »

Quote from: michaelbiondo
Hello, I had quite a day yesterday with the new 5.5.2 software, shooting in the studio teathered and to card, Performance was inconsistent, in the morning everything was working fine., just a bit slow with the teather, after about 15 frames, shooting at about 1 frame per second, I would "camera busy" warning and i would have to wait for a few seconds before I could begin shooting again. In the afternoon, C1pro crashed a number of times and would not let us shoot teatherd, the camera would fire but no file would import.
Very frustrating to say the least. Basically the software got funkier as the day went on, crashing repeatedly. I am shooting with a 1ds mark III into a macbook pro2.4 ghz with 4 gig ram and updated OS 10.5.5 system. Is anyone else experiencing this? I like the new features that this software has but it really does not seem ready for primetime...

As noted in the release notes if you have more than 2 gigs of ram you'll need to restart the computer prior and launch Capture One first. 10.5.5 has a bug right now that misassigns memory for applications after the 2 gig limit which affects Capture One.

Let us know if you have any problems after you try that.

Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer  |  Personal Portfolio

tho_mas

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 06:22:53 pm »

As noted in the release notes if you have more than 2 gigs of ram you'll need to restart the computer prior and launch Capture One first. 10.5.5 has a bug right now that misassigns memory for applications after the 2 gig limit which affects Capture One.
I understand that it is not the RAM installed but the RAM currently used. So if RAM is "filled" with more than 2GB the issue occurs. Is that right?
If so... isn't there a tool on MAC to clean/empty RAM on the fly (as on Windows)?

michaelbiondo

• http://michael@michaelbiondo.com
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 06:54:11 am »

OK, Thanks Doug. We also could not find an auto rotate feature for rotating files shot vertically via the tether, each shot had to be rotated manually.
and do you know anything about the speed issue when shooting tethered?

Jens_Langen

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 09:47:31 pm »

I have a new Macbook Pro and am trying to tether my 1ds Mk2 via USB- don't have an 800 to 400 adaptor yet.
According to the Capture One manual, there shouldn't be a problem, but the software doesn't see the camera.  I'm using 4.5.2.  What's the secret handshake?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:49:32 pm by Jens_Langen »

Henry Goh

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 10:01:34 pm »

Quote from: Jens_Langen
I have a new Macbook Pro and am trying to tether my 1ds Mk2 via USB- don't have an 800 to 400 adaptor yet.
According to the Capture One manual, there shouldn't be a problem, but the software doesn't see the camera.  I'm using 4.5.2.  What's the secret handshake?
Did you remove your CF card?

Jens_Langen

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 10:11:31 pm »

Quote from: Henry Goh
Did you remove your CF card?
I tried with and without....

JDG

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 09:43:22 am »

Quote from: Jens_Langen
I tried with and without....

Mark II is not designed to tether via USB, that port is for direct printer connection. (its also USB 1.1 making it super slow)

Jens_Langen

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 10:22:53 am »

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for your reply.

Snook

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 12:49:42 pm »

Everytime I process images or do command + D (Mac) I get to images processed everytime!!! :+}
Anybody know if this a Bug or how can I turn of the 2x processing of every image??

Thanks for any help if anybody has experienced this before.

Snook

tho_mas

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 01:38:53 pm »

Quote from: Snook
Anybody know if this a Bug or how can I turn of the 2x processing of every image??
check the process recipes (output tab). if two recipes are activated you process two images.
[attachment=11799:recipes.jpg]

Snook

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 07:19:45 pm »

Quote from: tho_mas
check the process recipes (output tab). if two recipes are activated you process two images.
[attachment=11799:recipes.jpg]

Thanks so much That is what is is/was...:+}
Had to recipes..:+]
Thanks
Snook
Pages: [1]   Go Up