Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IDMKII  (Read 4458 times)

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
IDMKII
« on: June 21, 2005, 12:40:18 am »

It's you. DPP does allow RAW files to be converted to JPEGs or TIFF files which can then be opened in Photoshop. Better yet, change the RAW file associations to Photoshop CS and get rid of DPP.

ijrwest

IDMKII
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 04:34:27 pm »

I have found Digital Photo Professional to be the best RAW converter. Stick with it. First copy from you microdrive to an empty folder on your C: drive. Open DPP, select your folder,  select the RAW files, and use the batch process command to convert them to tiffs.

Iain West

peterpix

• http://perpublisher.com
IDMKII
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 07:06:33 pm »

Just so drh681 (and perhaps others) does not think I know what i'm doing, I have no trouble converting raw from d60 files. I think the problem I had was the way the  powerbooks saw the files.I've just loaded CS2 and no problems seeing the raw images.
Thanks to all who replied.
Peter Randall

lester_wareham

• http://www.zen20934.zen.co.uk/
IDMKII
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 08:44:23 am »

I have found Digital Photo Professional to be the best RAW converter. Stick with it. First copy from you microdrive to an empty folder on your C: drive. Open DPP, select your folder,  select the RAW files, and use the batch process command to convert them to tiffs.

Iain West
This is very interesting.

I am using DPP as my main convertor - I love the interface. I hope to have CS2/ACR shortly.

Some seem to complane about DPP's rendition of red (poor colour graduation). What I have noticed is that the red channel saturates easier on DPP compared to EOSV, the only other RAW software I have at present. The Blues and Yellows on DPP I have found can be recovered much better from overexposure than EOSV.

Can you expand a bit more about what you like about DPP and what you have compared it to.

I have the feeling DPP gets an undeserved bad press.

peterpix

• http://perpublisher.com
IDMKII
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 10:33:02 pm »

shooting  IDMKII with raw and jpeg. Only jpegs show up in PS CS browser.When I look at the folder in the finder, the raw files are blank and when I double click I get something called Digital Photo Professional (a Canon program apparrently)and the file opens but I can't save it in in PS.  I'm downloading the files from a 4 gig microdrive through a USB card reader. Is it me or the microdrive?

Peter
Peter Randall

drh681

IDMKII
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 04:08:21 pm »

hmm...
you could learn to use the software that came with the camera.  
or PS CS for that matter, check the help, search for RAW.

RAW files are a proprietary format. Each manufacturer has their own way of handling them.

paulbk

IDMKII
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 04:40:40 pm »

fwiw,
I think there's a selection for which files to "View" in Adobe Bridge. Check the View menu.

Also, check to make sure the RAW file extension is CR2.

Also, close Adobe Bridge AND DPP, then open Adobe Bridge. Adobe Bridge does not work well file sharing with other programs.

Also, I agree that DPP does a good job of RAW file conversion *IF* you have the patience to tolerate the best example of how NOT to write software. It’s SLOW, UN-intuitive, and a very CRUDE interface. The only software that comes close to DPP’s kludginess is Capture One. My guess is there’s some kind of relationship there.
paul b.k.
New England, USA

drh681

IDMKII
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 08:17:50 pm »

I'm sorry.
Your original post sounded as though you were unfamiliar with some of your software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up