Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on Displays  (Read 3335 times)

benjaminbeker

Advice on Displays
« on: November 06, 2008, 02:51:58 am »

I am a photographer and i need a new Display for Photoshop work.
My budget is limited but i do want to get something that i will use for the next 5-6 years.
I have been looking at the Eizo CG222W - 22", Eizo CG241W - 24" and the Eizo SX2461 24" and the LaCie 324 - 24"
If you have some experience, please give me your advise or thoughts.

Baxter

• http://www.baxterbradford.com
Advice on Displays
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 11:53:36 am »

I can only vouch for the Eizo SX2761W which I presume is essentially same as the 24 in version. It is a wonderful monitor. I had been sceptical about difference, but compared to the Formac one I had previously it is amazing.

Colours are so much more vivid - think velvia compared with astia. Icons in the Mac's dock sing with vibrancy, full sized images more so. It is naturally very bright and I have to turn it down to 27% to get correct luminance for print proofing.

Yes I think that it may be hard to justify expense of Eizo over some of the other makes. I took some trusted advice from someone with plenty of experience performing colour management set-ups and took the plunge.

benjaminbeker

Advice on Displays
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 12:08:58 pm »

Thanks Baxter.

John77

• Zenfolio
Advice on Displays
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 04:34:08 pm »

Hello,

I don't know about Eizo s-pva but I have seen several times a LaCie 324 (which also an s-pva) of a friend and what upset me a lot was shadow detail. I detailed this issue in a precedent post (link). This lead me to buy a Nec 2690 which is h-ips a-tw. From an amateur point of view, I am really happy with this Nec monitor.

John.

The View

Advice on Displays
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 09:17:22 pm »

I have heard good things about NEC displays.

I personally don't own one, so I can't really confirm it.

But you might want to include NEC into your research.

My personal favorite is a 24" Eizo ColorEdge.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.
Pages: [1]   Go Up