Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple RAW update 2.3 causing big problems with 3FR files  (Read 6661 times)

glennedens

Apple RAW update 2.3 causing big problems with 3FR files
« on: November 05, 2008, 01:08:13 pm »

I just finished the Apple 2.3 RAW update and it seems to have a MAJOR bug.  In Aperture or Phocus my images now just go to white after they load.  Anyone else seeing this problem?

Glenn

Kenneth Sky

• http://
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 03:07:45 pm »

I had no problem with Sony A900 raw file

glennedens

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 03:40:48 pm »

It only seems to be a problem working with Hasselblad H3 DNG or 3FR RAW files.   I have not seen the problem with Nikon, Canon or Leica RAW files either.

Glenn

glennedens

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 03:06:38 am »

Here is an update from a day's debugging, sigh

I reinstalled Phocus and now it is working (do this after the 2.3 RAW update).

I tried reinstalling Aperture and the RAW 2.3 update and it is still not working with the following problems:
1.  with Aperture Quick View off then when a 3FR image (from any camera and back) is selected the image will show a preview during the "Loading" message and then turn white.  If you try and perform any adjustment on the image the Aperture thumbnail will also turn white and then the image is essentially lost - i hope it is not eating the original.
2.  images often have a magenta cast on the left or top and a cyan cast on the right or bottom (depending if it is a horizontal or vertical format shot).  The color changes right at the CCD's stitch boundary so this is probably an equalization error in Apple's RAW converter (or DCRAW which I "think" is the open source code Aperture's RAW converter is based on).
3.  some images show with violent color shifts and posterization, sometimes black with magenta and sometimes wild color shifts, looks a lot like cross-developing C41 in E6 process
4.  no matter what camera RAW image i am working with I will sometimes get the "unsupported image format" purple screen of death and then every image will be unsupported until i quit Aperture and restart it.

I have sent files and system profile to Apple.  If anyone else is having issues let me know, more data will help.

Thank you,

Glenn

alexpix

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 10:09:51 am »

Quote from: glennedens
I just finished the Apple 2.3 RAW update and it seems to have a MAJOR bug.  In Aperture or Phocus my images now just go to white after they load.  Anyone else seeing this problem?

Glenn

It appears to have over saturated all existing previews and jpgs from unsupported RAW files, G10, now are also "unsupported" message when any attempt is made to do anything with them. I have not had time to fully investigate what is happening but it seems not good.

Steven
Pages: [1]   Go Up