Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Caves of Rathlin Island  (Read 3407 times)

amcinroy

The Caves of Rathlin Island
« on: November 04, 2008, 09:21:31 am »

Some of you might be aware of my project to photograph the Atlantic sea caves on the Antrim Coast of Ireland.

Last month I took a trip to Rathlin Island to bring my project to an end. Here are the 3 images that I came back with.

This first cave has never been photographed from its interior. I have been able to link it to a story told in Rathlin about the Children of Lir. These were children turned into swans by their wicked stepmother, Aoife, and cast upon the Sea of Moyle for 300 years. This is the cave that was said to shelter them.

You can see the complete project on my webpage.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 09:26:50 am by amcinroy »
Andy McInroy Photography
Landscapes of I

Snook

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 09:51:54 am »

Quote from: amcinroy
Some of you might be aware of my project to photograph the Atlantic sea caves on the Antrim Coast of Ireland.

Last month I took a trip to Rathlin Island to bring my project to an end. Here are the 3 images that I came back with.

This first cave has never been photographed from its interior. I have been able to link it to a story told in Rathlin about the Children of Lir. These were children turned into swans by their wicked stepmother, Aoife, and cast upon the Sea of Moyle for 300 years. This is the cave that was said to shelter them.

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 05:37:27 pm »

For some reason I'm thinking "naked cave"  

JDClements

• http://www.jdanielclements.com
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 07:33:26 pm »

I am glad this post bubbled to the top because I missed it first time around. Nice cave shots, especially number one and two.
Pages: [1]   Go Up