Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HCD Lenses and Upcoming 50/60MPixel H3D-II  (Read 9210 times)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
HCD Lenses and Upcoming 50/60MPixel H3D-II
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 06:55:19 am »

Quote from: lichtbild
Hi David,

thanks a LOT for this fast and long posting, that really helped us a lot. The hcd 28mm f4 together with the hc 100mm 2.2 will arrive in the office this friday :-)
so now we just have to sign the order for the 50 Body together with the sca adapter and a polarizer for the 28mm  and THEN the loooong waiting begins.... for approx. 2 weeks as far as our dealer told us.

A last question regarding battery capacity. is there already an estimate how many shots could be made with one battery pack? I think we need a spare one, too.

maybe i should write an after 'the transition' post after january  I, personally really can`t wait anymore..... yippie....

No problem!

I wouldn't like to forge an estimate on battery life for the 50.  In theory it will be better as the CCD has a different architecture (to the 31 and 39) requiring less juice.  But lets wait and see until it has had more real life use.

Best

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 07:58:44 am »

Quote from: Dustbak
I can shoot hand held at 1/25th with good results...
Cool hand Luke!  

David - don't forget, even if the CCD uses less power, there is more data read/writing/processor time due to increased file size with the 50. Not sure if that will have an effect on power consuption.

Kind regards,
Derek

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 08:17:37 am »

Quote from: jecxz
Cool hand Luke!  

David - don't forget, even if the CCD uses less power, there is more data read/writing/processor time due to increased file size with the 50. Not sure if that will have an effect on power consuption.

Kind regards,
Derek

Apparently it is related to the flush system of the CCD which has an effect on power consumption.

But yes, you are quite right - there are many other factors at play.  Extending battery life alone has the camera continually turning different processors on and off to eek out as much as possible.

Best,

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 02:01:56 pm »

Quote from: jecxz
Cool hand Luke!  

Kind regards,
Derek

Not entirely, I kind of cheated. In a dark studio/place your shutter speed doesn't do anything anymore. You could be shooting at 1/500th or 1/25th (or even much longer) the results will be all the same. The only factors at work are aperture and flash. The duration of the flash will determine whether something is frozen or not.

jecxz

• http://www.jecxz.com
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 03:02:30 pm »

Quote from: Dustbak
Not entirely, I kind of cheated. In a dark studio/place your shutter speed doesn't do anything anymore. You could be shooting at 1/500th or 1/25th (or even much longer) the results will be all the same. The only factors at work are aperture and flash. The duration of the flash will determine whether something is frozen or not.
I know, I was only kidding with you. No light, no blur with the slower shutter speed. Be well.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up