Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Do not use Capture One 4.5.1 with Canon  (Read 22025 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Do not use Capture One 4.5.1 with Canon
« on: November 03, 2008, 05:14:43 pm »

Capture Integration has found possible issues with Capture One Pro 4.5.1 which affect Canon raw files. We are investigating further, but at this time we recommend against using Capture One Pro 4.5.1 if Canon is part of your workflow. Instead you could use Capture One Pro 4.5 or Capture One Pro 3.7.9 which are not affected by these issues. We will post again when we have more information.

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer  |  Personal Portfolio

Snook

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 05:45:05 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Capture Integration has found possible issues with Capture One Pro 4.5.1 which affect Canon raw files. We are investigating further, but at this time we recommend against using Capture One Pro 4.5.1 if Canon is part of your workflow. Instead you could use Capture One Pro 4.5 or Capture One Pro 3.7.9 which are not affected by these issues. We will post again when we have more information.

Take it from me DO NOT use 1DsMII files either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And also with 4.5

DOUG please change the heading to C-1 4.5 and 1DsMII files so people are informed!!!
Thanks
Snook
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:49:09 pm by Snook »

michaelnotar

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 06:41:37 pm »

doug, what is the problem, i am using it my my 1dmark III files, only once though, does it corrupt the files or something...?

Doug Peterson

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 07:04:37 pm »

Quote from: michaelnotar
doug, what is the problem, i am using it my my 1dmark III files, only once though, does it corrupt the files or something...?

We're still investigating. Everything I know is in my opening post (which is to say, not a lot).

BlasR

• http://BMRWorldPhotos.com
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 07:11:49 pm »

Quote from: michaelnotar

Yes It will corrupt the files,  A list it did to me,  I have to come back to 3.7.9 with canon

Doug thank for the information.

BlasR
BlasR
  [url=http://www.BMRWORLDPHOTOS.CO

bcooter

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 07:28:24 pm »

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 07:38:22 pm »

Quote from: bcooter
http://www.realworldworkflow.com/blog/

i this problem with 4.5? or only with 4.5.1?  this blog suggests 4.5 if i read it right.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

Paul Sumi

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 07:42:13 pm »

Is the problem with 4.51 just with tethering or also in developing CR2 RAWs?

Thanks,

Paul

gwhitf

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 08:27:07 pm »

Quote from: paul_jones
i this problem with 4.5? or only with 4.5.1?  this blog suggests 4.5 if i read it right.

Do what you want, but the way I read this is: If there's money on the table, and you're shooting a photograph worth looking at five minutes later, then avoid all versions of CaptureOne 4, when using with a 1ds2 or 1ds3. I read this to mean that the problem is when shooting tethered.

In short, use EOS Utility and DPP if you need to tether.

And I'll leave the purposeful saboutage theories, directed toward Canon, to Oliver Stone.

Henry Goh

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 09:14:58 pm »

Steve Hendrix,

Any info as to what your software boys are doing right now?

Regards,

Henry

Jeffreytotaro

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 11:05:02 pm »

After such a long wait for PRO version, this is a real disappointment!!!  It's sluggish, crashy, and has lost some of it's efficiencies in workflow, now this thing with Canon files.
Jeffrey Totaro
[url=http://www.jeffreyto

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 11:25:24 pm »

Quote from: gwhitf
And I'll leave the purposeful saboutage theories, directed toward Canon, to Oliver Stone.

i cannot believe this.....i mean i can, but i really can't.....who are the people working on this? are they high? this is software i paid 300$ (4years ago, when that was a lot for software) ONLY to use canon files (since the version that comes with the backs won't do canon).....then the wait and wait and wait and now THIS?
that is insane....

it seems like these people first nailed one foot to the floor and now started shooting at their other foot....maybe to stop running in circles?

this is so nuts, i don't even know what to compare it to...cars blowing up if you put exxon instead of shell in the tank?

psvedberg

• www.sfoto.se/fotografer/patrik-svedberg
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 03:36:51 am »

I left 3.7.9 because of an issue with a thin black line at the bottom of every file. Use Canon 1Dsmklll. What to do now???

4.5 and 4.5.1 has been a disaster when it comes to crashes on my MacPro - stable on my new laptop MBP 17.

Thanks for warning though.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 03:39:50 am by psvedberg »

SeanFS

• http://www.seanshadbolt.co.nz
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 03:53:47 am »

Apart from sending my files to strange places ( which may have been operator error ) and the crazy session system I have had no problems so far, I have to say that all the versions of 4 have run like dogs on on my G5 but very well on my mac book pro. Love all the new adjustments on 4.5.1. I haven't tried it with my 1ds2 ( only 1ds3 so far) yet but it doesn't sound good. when it settles I'm sure it will be the best  - despite all the issues it still does better colour than ACR by a long shot.

Snook

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 08:09:51 am »

OK trying to Shoot tethered to 3.7.9 now and cannot get it to recognize my 1dsMII???????
Have installed the Freaking program 5 times already this moring!!!!!
And the capture k key is always greyed out..
WTF???
Doug/Chris.... you guys know what I need to do to get 3.7.8 or 3.7.9 top recognize my F"OU{(MUMI ing Canon??
In the middle of a shoot here and cannot trust 4.5 or 4.5.1
Appreciate any kind of help
Snook

Doug Peterson

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 10:22:40 am »

Just a little more information today.

First, as Snook experienced, and as was preliminarily confirmed last night both 4.5 and 4.5.1 have this issue with Canon. Sorry for any confusion on this; I posted what I knew yesterday, and now we know a bit more.

Because of the time-difference between DK and NY there is a literal around-the-clock investigation going on. If you all could hear the enormous amount of work being put in I think it would go a long way to assuring you that they are taking this extremely seriously. That said the problem is pretty uncommon with only a handful of reports. This is not an excuse, as obviously having this happen even once is not acceptable. Just wanted to clarify that one of the reasons this problem wasn't found/fixed before was that it is not a common set of circumstances that causes it. As Snook said, he used it for several days in testing before experiencing the problem.

By the way, I should, from my personal experience note that one of my most common calls I get in my role as tech support is "Capture One has deleted my files". Until this week every one of those calls ends with us finding that the photographer/assistant/tech moved the images, forgot they changed storage locations, had ejected the hard drive with the images etc. Tech support in NY also receives these calls a lot (where a very angry user has lost track of their images and blames the program). This might go a ways to explaining why it takes time to isolate that there actually is a problem (especially with very few such calls).

Again, I'm sorry I don't have more information. We will absolutely pass everything we know when we receive more information.

Snook

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 10:43:12 am »

Just a little more information today.

First, as Snook experienced, and as was preliminarily confirmed last night both 4.5 and 4.5.1 have this issue with Canon. Sorry for any confusion on this; I posted what I knew yesterday, and now we know a bit more.

Because of the time-difference between DK and NY there is a literal around-the-clock investigation going on. If you all could hear the enormous amount of work being put in I think it would go a long way to assuring you that they are taking this extremely seriously. That said the problem is pretty uncommon with only a handful of reports. This is not an excuse, as obviously having this happen even once is not acceptable. Just wanted to clarify that one of the reasons this problem wasn't found/fixed before was that it is not a common set of circumstances that causes it. As Snook said, he used it for several days in testing before experiencing the problem.

By the way, I should, from my personal experience note that one of my most common calls I get in my role as tech support is "Capture One has deleted my files". Until this week every one of those calls ends with us finding that the photographer/assistant/tech moved the images, forgot they changed storage locations, had ejected the hard drive with the images etc. Tech support in NY also receives these calls a lot (where a very angry user has lost track of their images and blames the program). This might go a ways to explaining why it takes time to isolate that there actually is a problem (especially with very few such calls).

Again, I'm sorry I don't have more information. We will absolutely pass everything we know when we receive more information.

Doug... any reply on why 1dSMII is not being recognized by 3.7.9 nor 3.7.8? 10.5.5 Macbook Pro 17" with 4 gigs of Ram??

Please I would appreciate a little feedback..
Thanks
Snook

JDG

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 11:33:34 am »

Quote from: Snook
Doug... any reply on why 1dSMII is not being recognized by 3.7.9 nor 3.7.8? 10.5.5 Macbook Pro 17" with 4 gigs of Ram??

Please I would appreciate a little feedback..
Thanks
Snook

Snook,

Probably the old Type8 Camera gremlin.  Phase has the fix on their website: http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Suppo...mp;LanguageID=1

Snook

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 12:46:03 pm »

Quote from: JDG
Snook,

Probably the old Type8 Camera gremlin.  Phase has the fix on their website: http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Suppo...mp;LanguageID=1

`That is what I thought but could not find any type8 file anywhere.. Even searched with a program that finds Hidden files and nothing.
And I thin that article was for like 10.3 or no?
When I open image capture it does recognize my Canon..... Just C-1 does not??
Thanks for your help...
Could anybody else verify that culd be the problem still in Leopard???
Or where I can find that file? tried searching everywhere and it does not exist. Could it be a leopard deal??
If I remember correctly I have not shot tethered with 1DsMII since I got the P30 about a year ao.. So not sure I ever shot tethered with Canon on Leaopard system??
Thought Doug would respond.. But I am sure they are crazy with this BUG problem...
Hope they get it worked out or there will a bunch of angry people...
Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it
Anybody shooting with leopard and Canon 1DsMII??????????????? Tethered??????????????
Snook
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 12:54:09 pm by Snook »

Doug Peterson

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 01:17:58 pm »

Quote from: Snook
`That is what I thought but could not find any type8 file anywhere.. Even searched with a program that finds Hidden files and nothing.
And I thin that article was for like 10.3 or no?
When I open image capture it does recognize my Canon..... Just C-1 does not??
Thanks for your help...
Could anybody else verify that culd be the problem still in Leopard???
Or where I can find that file? tried searching everywhere and it does not exist. Could it be a leopard deal??
If I remember correctly I have not shot tethered with 1DsMII since I got the P30 about a year ao.. So not sure I ever shot tethered with Canon on Leaopard system??
Thought Doug would respond.. But I am sure they are crazy with this BUG problem...
Hope they get it worked out or there will a bunch of angry people...
Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it
Anybody shooting with leopard and Canon 1DsMII??????????????? Tethered??????????????
Snook

Type8Camera is a program from Apple used to enable tethering in Aperture. It is very unfriendly to other programs and prevents Capture One from connecting. This arrived in 10.5.2 and continues today. Follow the steps in the article linked before, or our article below and the problem is solved.

http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/05/...ng-in-osx-1052/

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up