Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ad campaign shot on sony cellphone  (Read 2368 times)

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
ad campaign shot on sony cellphone
« on: November 02, 2008, 07:40:35 pm »

of course it is a gimmick....and of course this does not mean anything really....but still....here is the full story....i haven't seen the actual ad and most likely won't check it out...i don't doubt that it looks great....
[attachment=9421:fhm_sony_ericsson.jpg]

TMARK

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 11:25:58 pm »

Nice!  I wonder what the retouching budget was.  Box could make (even MORE of) a killing if this became a trend!

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 01:02:10 am »

Clever the way they used the errrr, pose & blue background to keep your mind off the crappy shot and hollywood re-touch.  

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 01:29:14 am »

I remember my Contax T2 - I  shot a wedding on it once after the photographer no- showed (I was a guest)

It took great pictures - if you wanted a 35mm lens and on camera flash

It even had the same sensor as my nikon F3

Didnt make me sell my F3 though

Didnt make nikon go bancrupt either

These things are great  !

S

Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 04:54:19 am »

Quote from: pss
of course it is a gimmick....and of course this does not mean anything really....but still....here is the full story....i haven't seen the actual ad and most likely won't check it out...i don't doubt that it looks great....
[attachment=9421:fhm_sony_ericsson.jpg]

A friend of mine did a campaign for a point and shoot digital camera a year or two back, it was to show the ability of the camera to work in low light and grab the shot. I can't remember the exact number of how many jewels of light were used (it was many) and it was shot on a hassy with film.

Kevin.
Kevin.

dalethorn

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 09:00:13 pm »

I didn't know Sony was making cellphones. Just as well - I bought a HTC Touch Pro with a "3 mp" camera, and looking closely at the results, and comparing to the Kodak DC260 circa 1998 (1.5 mp), the detail from the HTC's camera suggests about half a megapixel at best. A really terrible camera.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 09:13:24 pm »

Quote from: dalethorn
I didn't know Sony was making cellphones. Just as well - I bought a HTC Touch Pro with a "3 mp" camera, and looking closely at the results, and comparing to the Kodak DC260 circa 1998 (1.5 mp), the detail from the HTC's camera suggests about half a megapixel at best. A really terrible camera.

sony ericsson actually makes pretty good camera phones....i had one of theirs about 2 years ago...it was the first one with AF (the lens actually moves!)...i believe it was 3mpix...actually pretty nice prints....others have come out with 8 and 10mpix cellpones but the quality just sucks.....the SE ones really aren't bad at all...for snaps absolutely useable....
i don't have a problem at all believing that this one with 8mpix, prof. lighting and a ton of retouching can produce a decent full page ad....
i am perfectly fine with my iphone...
i just thought this was pretty interesting considering all the discussions going on right here right now and michael's own findings with the g10....
the point is not what provides ultimate quality but what provides the quality i need at the speed/size/convenience i need....
Pages: [1]   Go Up