Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS4 loses Web Gallery?  (Read 7957 times)

wlong

• www.longshots.com.au
CS4 loses Web Gallery?
« on: November 02, 2008, 01:39:51 am »

I have used the web gallery function in PS for many years and its been available on CS3  via File > Automate > Web Photo Gallery.

I'm using a 30 day trial of CS4

In CS4 when I go to File > Automate not only is Web Photo Gallery missing but a number of other automated tasks have also been removed including Contact Sheet II and Picture Package.

My apologies if the questions been asked before, but I would be extremely grateful if someone could tell me where that option is, or why it was removed ?  Or is it not there because its a trial version?

I'm waiting for the delivery of the newly purchased version.

OK I think I've found the answer.  In the past I seem to recall this has just been part of the main programme.  But its now considered as an Optional Plug in and resides in the Goodies folder.  How odd that its considered as optional?  I know so many of my colleagues in Australia use it as an automated task.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 01:46:25 am by wlong »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
CS4 loses Web Gallery?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 05:48:46 am »

They're in Bridge.

wlong

• www.longshots.com.au
CS4 loses Web Gallery?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 04:27:11 pm »

Quote from: johnbeardy
They're in Bridge.

I dont think so.

Perhaps you could assist by saying where in Bridge ?  (PS I'm not looking for Slideshow)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
CS4 loses Web Gallery?
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 04:29:24 pm »

Switch to the Output workspace.

John

teddillard

• http://www.teddillard.com
CS4 loses Web Gallery?
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 06:26:40 pm »

This is actually one of the new features I really like in Bridge now...  

[attachment=9464:Picture_1.png]

From the "Essentials" workspace (how it installs) look up top right.  Adobe has put a bunch of stuff up there... basically moved the workspace views and added the Output views.  If you want to see more, click the arrow you get this:

[attachment=9466:Picture_3.png]

Click "Output" then the top right button "Web Gallery".  You should feel right at home from there.

[attachment=9465:Picture_2.png]
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 06:29:25 pm by teddillard »
Ted Dillard

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
CS4 loses Web Gallery?
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 08:06:15 pm »

If you want to use the old PS style galleries, you can use your old version of PS or place the old galleries in the corres[ponding pace within PS install.
Though the Web gallery option will still be missing I guess from Bridge, unless you ad that script too.

The galleries being in Bridge makes more sense, but the slowness is a bit painful considering how fast everything else is and the inability to save templates is very annoying. Though that may have been fixed in the release version.
The beta works so well, I've not got around to installing the release version yet - mainly as I'm going to do an fresh OS intall soon, well when I have time!
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

wlong

• www.longshots.com.au
CS4 loses Web Gallery?
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 08:53:07 pm »

Quote from: teddillard
This is actually one of the new features I really like in Bridge now...

Thanks for taking the time to point that out.  It does seem much slower though.  Maybe its simply a case of getting used to it

Cheers

teddillard

CS4 loses Web Gallery?
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 10:48:23 am »

Quote from: wlong
Thanks for taking the time to point that out.  It does seem much slower though.  Maybe its simply a case of getting used to it

Cheers

no problem!  

On the slowness, what system are you using?  (You may want to jam a bunch of RAM into it...)  I usually work on my laptop at home, do to basic writing and emailing and posting and such, and that's a PB 1.25 if you can believe it.  So EVERYthing's slow.  When I actually get on my processing station it seems so fast I can't even gauge if it's fast or slow...  
Ted Dillard

jjj

CS4 loses Web Gallery?
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 12:04:53 pm »

On the slowness, what system are you using?
This year's 8Core MacPro 4GB RAM and it's the only thing in Bridge that's slow is the output module.

teddillard

CS4 loses Web Gallery?
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 12:18:43 pm »

Quote from: jjj
This year's 8Core MacPro 4GB RAM and it's the only thing in Bridge that's slow is the output module.

crap, that oughta be enough horsepower.  I have set it up on the same system with 8GB RAM and it can only be described as blazing, but I didn't do any output stuff.
Ted Dillard

wlong

• www.longshots.com.au
CS4 loses Web Gallery?
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 07:56:01 pm »

no problem!  

On the slowness, what system are you using?  (You may want to jam a bunch of RAM into it...)  I usually work on my laptop at home, do to basic writing and emailing and posting and such, and that's a PB 1.25 if you can believe it.  So EVERYthing's slow.  When I actually get on my processing station it seems so fast I can't even gauge if it's fast or slow...  

Intel 2 Quad CPU Q9450 @2.66ghz - 8Gb ram - Vista 64 bit  with NVDIA Geoforce 9600 GT running dual monitors..

Its as speedy as anything.  But I feel that the CS4 WebGallery in Bridge is far clunkier (hence describing as slow) the previous versions in PS CS1/2/3.  I admit it could be just a case of getting used to it  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 07:56:37 pm by wlong »

jjj

CS4 loses Web Gallery?
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 01:22:51 am »

It's a big improvement on the version that used to be in PS.
The slowness come from building on the fly previews, not soomething present in prior version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up