Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey Michael, Print Pass-Around?  (Read 3224 times)

bobtrips

Hey Michael, Print Pass-Around?
« on: October 10, 2002, 05:57:05 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']OR-

Set up a set of samples (4x6 crops, for example) at some place such as Ofoto that one could order.[/font]

Mike Spinak

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2002, 09:28:07 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Dear Michael,

Several of the forums that I belong to, such as Outdoor Forums, regularly have pass-arounds. These can be very informative when someone has rare possession of something that many others want to know about. It allows for many people to gain firsthand experience; then they can all post their impressions and reviews.

I was wondering whether you might be interested in doing a print pass-around. I am sure that many people on this forum are very interested to see in print for themselves how good inkjet prints from a 1Ds look at various sizes, and how they compare to prints of scanned 35mm and 6x4.5. Since you already have the test prints from your review, I was wondering if you would do a pass-around so that we can all compare for ourselves, and post our impressions.

We can start a list of who is interested in participating. You can then mail the prints to the first person on the list, who mails them to the second person on the list, etc., until the last person mails the prints back to you. Meanwhile, each person on the list can post their impressions, when they see the prints firsthand.

If you decide to try it, please put me on the list of people whom are dying to see for ourselves before we spend $6,000-9,000.

Thanks for hearing me out.

--Mike[/font]

Marshal

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2002, 10:47:02 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']"Set up a set of samples, 4X6s for example..."

Why not post a few 4X6 images at say, 240 dpi online for us to download? Less time spent waiting for the print since we could just print them out on whatever printers we have. That would consume some space on Michael's server, so maybe just 2-3 images at most.[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up