Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flat Bed Scanners  (Read 4061 times)

shutterbug

Flat Bed Scanners
« on: February 07, 2003, 05:32:18 pm »

That shouldn't be ..as nice as the 2450 is, and I have seen some good scans from it...it is not a film scanner. What size prints are you making?  If they are only 11X14 or so the D60 will appear better because you are not enlarging to the point where it suddenly falls off in quality.  I can't speak for the color quality as that is controlled by you're vision in software, type of film, etc. How much sharpening to you apply?

Bud

rclibbon

Flat Bed Scanners
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 12:21:59 pm »

I've been using the 2450 scanner for 6 months or so on medium-format and find it to be excellent but slow. The biggest I can digitally print is 13x19" and the detail is awesome at that size. The negative carrier leaves the negative slightly curved at times on the flatbed, so I'm not sure if I'm getting everything I could at times.

dccanonshooter

Flat Bed Scanners
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 02:21:35 pm »

Has anbody used an Epson 2450 or 1680 on medium format? I am getting better prints from my D-60 than using my Pentax 6x7 and scanning on a canon 2400 flat bed. The digital camera has better color and it sharpens better. I have used Monaco to calibrate the Canon scanner but not the D-60. ::

Doug_Dolde

Flat Bed Scanners
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 08:09:08 pm »

I have no experience with the D60 but use an Epson 2450 to scan 4x5 transparencies.  It is quite good considering the price but not good enough that I don't get the ones to be printed drum scanned.

See my scanner comparisons here.

Bob Stevenson

Flat Bed Scanners
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2003, 01:09:23 pm »

The 2450 is a very god buy at the moment as it is being phased out.   It is being replaced with the 3200 which has even better resolution/specification as it offers 3200x6400dpi and is only £50 dearer than 2450.   However, it has attracted no comment/coverage on this site and I have been waiting to see what experienced users will make of it.   Also canon have recently introduced two flat-beds with 2400x2400dpi which are substantially cheaper than the Epson machines but again, no comment on this site or indeed any others that I can find.
Pages: [1]   Go Up