Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trouble instaling C1 4.5 Pro  (Read 1706 times)

GuyinSG

trouble instaling C1 4.5 Pro
« on: November 01, 2008, 12:12:51 am »

I just installed C1 4.5 Pro on my MacBook Pro.  When I open it and start a new file I get the message..."The location of the document '...col45' cannot be determined."  It asks me to do a save as and when I do that it quits.  I've sent a message to Phase One some time ago but unfortunately have had no reply.  Any help out there???

Snook

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 01:57:43 pm »

Quote from: GuyinSG
I just installed C1 4.5 Pro on my MacBook Pro.  When I open it and start a new file I get the message..."The location of the document '...col45' cannot be determined."  It asks me to do a save as and when I do that it quits.  I've sent a message to Phase One some time ago but unfortunately have had no reply.  Any help out there???

Do a search or go to the Phase Forum.. this has been talked about a lot already and there is a cure..:+}
Your have to physically direct it to the col45 ico or something ..

Snook

Paul Kerfoot

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 04:08:43 pm »

GuyInSG

Just today (Nov 1, 08) I noticed there is a new revision of C1 (V4.5.1).  I was having difficulties just getting C1 to open, so I downloaded the new version and my problem vanished.  I don't know if this will solve your problem but it might be worth a try.  

Paul

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 06:57:10 pm »

Quote from: GuyinSG

One reason you can get this error if you try to install on 10.4 (tiger) rather than 10.5.5 (leopard) which is required. Is this what caused it for you?

The 4.5.1 update gives a more useful error message in this case that basically says "10.4 not supported" rather than the more obscure error you note.

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer  |  Personal Portfolio

narikin

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 07:51:25 pm »

yes C1 4.5 had some serious start-up bugs in it for both Mac and Windows.

I thought they had addressed the most egregious ones, (it could not remember any locations in Windows 4.5, and gave warning dialogues) but I just opened 4.5.1 and closed it on my system - and after it closed, it froze everything for 3minutes.

I despair of how Phase can take so long to make this, and its not ready for prime time in major ways.

back to Pro 3.78 for me.

GuyinSG

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 12:36:51 am »

Quote from: narikin
yes C1 4.5 had some serious start-up bugs in it for both Mac and Windows.

I thought they had addressed the most egregious ones, (it could not remember any locations in Windows 4.5, and gave warning dialogues) but I just opened 4.5.1 and closed it on my system - and after it closed, it froze everything for 3minutes.

I despair of how Phase can take so long to make this, and its not ready for prime time in major ways.

back to Pro 3.78 for me.

Thanks all!  Wow, that is a really obscure way of saying "better get Leopard!"  

Pages: [1]   Go Up