Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing from Lightroom - Page Set-up for IPF5100 Roll Paper  (Read 6139 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Printing from Lightroom - Page Set-up for IPF5100 Roll Paper
« on: October 31, 2008, 10:19:46 pm »

Quick one - why doesnt roll paper show up as an option in 'Page Set-up' of the Print module?

I want to print some photographs on roll paper but there is no option in page set-up for it. I can select rollpaper in the print settings dialogue however.

Should I just be choosing 17" x 22" for a 17" roll ? Or doesnt it matter since its set in the driver in page setup anyway?

Ta.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 10:26:26 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

T_om

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 09:07:17 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
Quick one - why doesnt roll paper show up as an option in 'Page Set-up' of the Print module?

I want to print some photographs on roll paper but there is no option in page set-up for it. I can select rollpaper in the print settings dialogue however.

Should I just be choosing 17" x 22" for a 17" roll ? Or doesnt it matter since its set in the driver in page setup anyway?

Ta.

Is this a new printer setup?  Did you turn on the Roll Paper option in the driver?  It does not automatically set itself to roll.

Tom

Pete Berry

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 11:39:59 am »

Quote from: T_om
Is this a new printer setup?  Did you turn on the Roll Paper option in the driver?  It does not automatically set itself to roll.

Tom

This is true for the 5000, where the RFU is an option, and is turned on in printer "properties" dialog (not preferences) on "device sertting" page. Since the 5100's RFU is built-in, is this still necessary?

Pete

Josh-H

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:13:49 am »

Sorry to resurrect this old thread.. but I never actually found a solution - there does not appear to be a setting anywhere in the 5100 that you need to turn on Roll feed. Roll feed just doesnt show up as an option in lightroom page set-up. Here is a Screen Grab:
http://files.me.com/jholko/oxjy87

To Be clear, I can load a roll into the printer and print to the roll. I just cant select roll in page set-up; which makes setting the output resolution difficult in Lightroom. I have just been selecting 17 x 22 -- but that isnt a good solution and doesnt work for the panos I need to print.

Any ideas? Am I missing something really obvious?

X-posted to the Canon Wiki.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:15:15 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 10:32:10 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
Sorry to resurrect this old thread.. but I never actually found a solution - there does not appear to be a setting anywhere in the 5100 that you need to turn on Roll feed. Roll feed just doesnt show up as an option in lightroom page set-up. Here is a Screen Grab:
http://files.me.com/jholko/oxjy87

To Be clear, I can load a roll into the printer and print to the roll. I just cant select roll in page set-up; which makes setting the output resolution difficult in Lightroom. I have just been selecting 17 x 22 -- but that isnt a good solution and doesnt work for the panos I need to print.

Any ideas? Am I missing something really obvious?

X-posted to the Canon Wiki.

I'm on a Windows machine, but as far as I can tell that dropdown is purely about paper size and not about paper source. You use it to say how big your sheet of paper is. You then have to use a different option to tell it where to pull the paper from (roll, cassette, manual, or manual 3mm margins). In Windows there are two separate dropdowns for that, one for paper size, one for paper source. If the mac doesn't have the paper source dropdown then you'll need to set it via the Canon print driver dialog.

FWIW, I always wind up setting paper size and source through the Canon print driver dialog on the Page Setup tab. I don't set it using the Windows dialog. I also use the Canon print driver dialog when I need to set a custom outlput size. The option is available on the Page Setup tab as well.

Hope this helps,

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

OnyimBob

• http://
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 08:10:08 pm »

Josh, I know you use a Mac but it shouldn't make any difference. I recently had exactly the same problem with my iPF5000 for no reason that I could think of. Eventually, by trial and error, I checked the printer properties in Control Panel and found that the Device Settings tab had a checkbox for the roll feed unit that needed checking. Once checked the problem was solved. Perhaps this is your problem? I have no idea how that box became "unchecked" but there you go - things happen.
Cheers, Bob.
Bob Munro.
[url=http://www.waterholesgue

Josh-H

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 12:16:32 am »

Quote from: OnyimBob
Josh, I know you use a Mac but it shouldn't make any difference. I recently had exactly the same problem with my iPF5000 for no reason that I could think of. Eventually, by trial and error, I checked the printer properties in Control Panel and found that the Device Settings tab had a checkbox for the roll feed unit that needed checking. Once checked the problem was solved. Perhaps this is your problem? I have no idea how that box became "unchecked" but there you go - things happen.
Cheers, Bob.

Thanks Bob,

That check box is peculiar to the ipf5000 only - as roll was an optional accessory with this printer.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Josh-H

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 12:19:59 am »

Quote from: neile
I'm on a Windows machine, but as far as I can tell that dropdown is purely about paper size and not about paper source. You use it to say how big your sheet of paper is. You then have to use a different option to tell it where to pull the paper from (roll, cassette, manual, or manual 3mm margins). In Windows there are two separate dropdowns for that, one for paper size, one for paper source. If the mac doesn't have the paper source dropdown then you'll need to set it via the Canon print driver dialog.

FWIW, I always wind up setting paper size and source through the Canon print driver dialog on the Page Setup tab. I don't set it using the Windows dialog. I also use the Canon print driver dialog when I need to set a custom outlput size. The option is available on the Page Setup tab as well.

Hope this helps,

Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks - yes, I think you are correct in that the drop down in page setup is purely about paper size - but still you would think 'Roll' would / should be an option.

Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up