Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P45+ to P65+ what are you paying?  (Read 2251 times)

narikin

P45+ to P65+ what are you paying?
« on: October 31, 2008, 04:31:48 pm »

do people mind saying what upgrade offers/prices they are paying to step up to the new 60mp back from a P45+?
with the new low Euro, there should be a lot more wiggle room, so it could be interesting.

of course if you are choosing not to in this climate, that's worth knowing.

should you prefer to PM me, that'd be fine too. thanks
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 04:33:02 pm by narikin »

peegeenyc

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 09:13:47 am »

I'd be interested to know too, also to hear what the take-up is like

TMARK

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 06:55:44 pm »

I think a better question is how many individual photographers who make images for other people for a living will be upgrading to the P65, as opposed to techs and rental houses, retired dentists, and weekend warrior fan boys.  I'm in New York and the only people I know who even have a desire to upgrade are Splashlight, a few techs who plan to buy a few, and, well, that's it.  No photographers I know intend to upgrade, even though it looks like an awesome back.

eleanorbrown

• Eleanor Brown Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 08:41:08 pm »

While I'm none of the folks described in your post, I do have a P45+.  I started with a P25, then on to the P45, then upgraded to the 45+.  I have decided not to upgrade to the 65+ for many many reasons but at the top of the list rated equally are: too much $$ and too many pixels.  Too many pixels take up too much hard disk space, need more computer power, more ram, run slower in Photoshop and Lightroom, more and larger CF cards for the back, more powerful batteries to handle the increased processing in back, and on and on. Oh yes...forgot more and larger back up systems both in my studio and traveling.  I don't need to make larger prints than my current 39 megapixel back can make-- don't need to shoot for wall sized prints or billboards, don't need the adrenaline rush for more pixels.  One argument for huge numbers of pixels is the cropping factor.  This gives one increased options for cropping images while keeping the ability to make large high quality prints.  This is where the $$ factor comes in big time...why pay thousands and thousands to crop when I can just frame more carefully with lens choices and give some of that saved $$ to my local animal shelter?    enough said...sorry Phase...no upgrade this time around  . Eleanor

Quote from: TMARK
I think a better question is how many individual photographers who make images for other people for a living will be upgrading to the P65, as opposed to techs and rental houses, retired dentists, and weekend warrior fan boys.  I'm in New York and the only people I know who even have a desire to upgrade are Splashlight, a few techs who plan to buy a few, and, well, that's it.  No photographers I know intend to upgrade, even though it looks like an awesome back.
Eleanor Brown
[url=http://www.eleanorbro

PatrikR

• http://www.patrikraski.com
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 05:07:35 am »

If you are shooting H1 or H2 that's the only option to go wider. I wonder how much of a difference is there between H2-P65+ with HC 35mm and H3D with HCD 28mm lens...
Patrik Raski - Espoo, Finland
Pages: [1]   Go Up