Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: IN A QUANDARY ABOUT MONITORS .....  (Read 15058 times)

richardhagen

IN A QUANDARY ABOUT MONITORS .....
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 11:21:53 am »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
They are definitely both great monitors (especially compared to general purpose monitors like Apple).

Just one quick note: Eizo comes with a 5 year warranty which includes the requirement that the monitor be able to return to it's original speced profile during the entirety of the warranty (they ship it with a slip that shows the original profile response).

Also, their support line is actually manned by knowledgeable and eager to help people.

Peace of mind aint cheap :-).

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer  |  Personal Portfolio

Nice try, but the NEC comes with a warranty of 4 years. And because I save about $3,000 buying the NEC, in less than 4 years I could afford to buy another monitor with the savings I have gained NOT buying the Eizo. Now, THIS is peace of mind! There's just no way around it. I've thought about this alot, and I can't justify buying the Eizo at their outrageous prices.

rh
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 11:29:40 am by richardhagen »

Unkle Vito!

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 03:15:27 am »

Quote from: richardhagen
Nice try, but the NEC comes with a warranty of 4 years. And because I save about $3,000 buying the NEC, in less than 4 years I could afford to buy another monitor with the savings I have gained NOT buying the Eizo. Now, THIS is peace of mind! There's just no way around it. I've thought about this alot, and I can't justify buying the Eizo at their outrageous prices.

rh

Richard:

Just a thought...

Have you consider purchasing a Sony Artisan instead? It is far better than these two displays, and cheaper. Please checkout my two (2) ebay auctions, one of them is for a Brand New Sony Artisan, eBay auction # 270314160346.

Sincerely,

Unkle Vito!

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 10:45:51 am »

Quote from: Unkle Vito!
Have you consider purchasing a Sony Artisan instead? It is far better than these two displays, and cheaper.

Far better is a stretch! Look, I've got an Artisan, worked with the fellow who designed it. Worked as an Alpha and Beta with the product manager. Let it die, its 20th century technology.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

richardhagen

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 12:18:11 pm »

Quote from: digitaldog
Far better is a stretch! Look, I've got an Artisan, worked with the fellow who designed it. Worked as an Alpha and Beta with the product manager. Let it die, its 20th century technology.

I could not have said it better.

rh

djgarcia

• http://improbablystructuredlayers.net
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 08:43:49 pm »

Which EIZO model are we comparing the NEC 2690wuxi to here?
Over-Equipped Snapshooter - EOS 1dsII &

jack hecker

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 11:38:28 am »

Quote from: dsandford
With appropriate adapters, you should be able to drive any recent monitor with a DisplayPort output.   However, if you're planning on using SpectraView to calibrate the NEC monitors, be aware that it currently does not work with Apple MacBooks and MacBook Pros that use the DisplayPort Connector: NEC SpectraView

-- D
I just came back from a lexjet seminar which covered this topic greatly. The topic of monitors in a digital workflow was covered greatly and throughly. I have to agree for so many reasons that it would take pages to explain why but if your looking for a solid reliable workflow the proper eizo or lacie period. I'm sorry to Nec the hardware of course is simlar but the software is the difference. This is one area you should never skimp on if you spend at least two thirds of you photographic caareer behind the monitor would'nt you want a monitor that can do the job.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up