Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vista 64 and HP APS  (Read 3833 times)

scubastu

• www.final-frame.com
Vista 64 and HP APS
« on: October 30, 2008, 05:13:39 pm »

Hi,

I'm upgrading to a Quad Core 8GB machine running Vista 64, given the talk of compatibility issues, is the APS for my Z3100 44 ps compatible with Vista 64?  I found device drivers for the Z3100 but nothing turns up for APS.

thanks!

Stu

scubastu

• www.final-frame.com
Vista 64 and HP APS
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 07:30:51 pm »

Just installed it, works so far.

Miles

Vista 64 and HP APS
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 08:18:37 pm »

Quote from: scubastu
Just installed it, works so far.

As a tag along on this, I just did the same upgrade with a non APS Z3100.  Can anyone advise how I get the HP Printer Utility on Vista 64.  It didn't load with the software and I don't see a seperate download file for it?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 08:21:50 pm by Miles »

scubastu

• www.final-frame.com
Vista 64 and HP APS
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 10:56:41 am »

I just downloaded it from the HP website.  Just go to the Z3100 downloads and it's there, just installed it and it works fine.

s.

Miles

Vista 64 and HP APS
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 07:21:56 pm »

Quote from: scubastu
I just downloaded it from the HP website.  Just go to the Z3100 downloads and it's there, just installed it and it works fine.

s.
Thanks.  I just downloaded it and everything works OK.  They had me fooled as it mentions it is for a T??? printer in the title, not a z3100, even though it is on the z3100 page.  

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Vista 64 and HP APS
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 02:09:52 am »

Quote from: Miles
Thanks.  I just downloaded it and everything works OK.  They had me fooled as it mentions it is for a T??? printer in the title, not a z3100, even though it is on the z3100 page.
Was it Troja?
That was the internal name noted by some users when found for parts listings etc, which has shown up on ink names, drivers and other things , usually unintentionally. Sometimes if you can write to HP or on this forum and it could be fixed.

Ernst Dinkla

Vista 64 and HP APS
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 04:18:39 am »

Quote from: neil snape
Was it Troja?
That was the internal name noted by some users when found for parts listings etc, which has shown up on ink names, drivers and other things , usually unintentionally. Sometimes if you can write to HP or on this forum and it could be fixed.

Internally my Z3100 is appropriately called Hydra, the many-headed monster. Out of curiosity my youngest son had a look at its embedded Unix version. Unlike Hercules he didn't kill it.

Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/
Pages: [1]   Go Up