Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changes in CS4  (Read 2296 times)

blansky

Changes in CS4
« on: October 30, 2008, 11:40:46 am »

I'm waiting for Martin Evenings new Cs4 book and I'm a little photoshop challenged but could someone help on this one.

I often exchange faces from two different pictures that are essentially identical except for facial expression.
In CS3 I simply pulled them both into photoshop and with them side by side, cut out one face and moved it over to the other picture.

Now with Cs4, I can't seem to figure out how to get the two pictures side by side. I bring them both into photoshop and it will either display one or the other but not both.

Thanks in advance.

Anthony.Ralph

Changes in CS4
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 01:52:57 pm »

Quote from: blansky
I'm waiting for Martin Evenings new Cs4 book and I'm a little photoshop challenged but could someone help on this one.

I often exchange faces from two different pictures that are essentially identical except for facial expression.
In CS3 I simply pulled them both into photoshop and with them side by side, cut out one face and moved it over to the other picture.

Now with Cs4, I can't seem to figure out how to get the two pictures side by side. I bring them both into photoshop and it will either display one or the other but not both.

Thanks in advance.

This is the answer I think...

Anthony.

[attachment=9333:layout_options.jpg]

blansky

Changes in CS4
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 03:00:35 pm »

Thanks Anthony that did it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 03:01:04 pm by blansky »

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Changes in CS4
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 10:20:06 am »

If images are identical bar expression, use place one above the other and simply erase the expressions you do not like.
A much better use of PS's abilities.
And if they are not quite identical it still doesn't matter as PS can auto align and blend multiple images in layers for you.
All possible in prior version too, so you can look at Martin's previous book on PS to show you how.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

blansky

Changes in CS4
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 11:01:00 am »

Thanks, I often do that too.

But occasionally I'll need to add other elements like a dog that didn't cooperate in one picture so I add him in to one that we didn't use him in.

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up