Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad h3d for landscapes  (Read 1887 times)

ph_anto

Hasselblad h3d for landscapes
« on: October 30, 2008, 02:54:11 am »

i'm looking to buy an Hasselblad H3d.i'm using a Toyo 45 a2 now but i would like to go digital.what do You think? any suggestion?

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 03:59:14 am »

Quote from: ph_anto
i'm looking to buy an Hasselblad H3d.i'm using a Toyo 45 a2 now but i would like to go digital.what do You think? any suggestion?

mmm .. I'd be tempted to buy a back and adapt it to that view camera.  That's my next adventure ... putting my p45 back on a  view camera.

Perhaps the back from the Hasselblad can also be adapted to the toyo, so you could still try it.  I shoot a Hasselblad with my back, and have been pretty happy with the camera system.  I think the Phase backs are a little better ... but that's probably just because I've dropped so much $$$ into mine.  I'm sure the Imacon technology of the Hasselblad backs is very good.   I have heard the Phase backs are better for long exposures  ( > 2 minutes), so you might want to research that if you do any of that type of work.

Have fun!

Dale Allyn

• http://www.daleallynphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 04:32:26 am »

With regard to using Phase One backs on cameras with movements (technical cameras, view cameras...) one should consider the differences between those backs whose sensors have micro-lenses and those which don't. The Phase P45+ and P25+ (and the same non-plus models) do not have micro-lenses so that one won't be burdened by color shift when shooting using movements. The P30+ has the micro-lenses, so would require shooting an opal glass frame with each exposure so that shift could be removed in post. Others certainly know more about the specifics here, but I mention this as a heads-up. I'm looking forward to shooting my P1 back on a technical camera at some point, so chose one without micro-lenses.

I don't know if the Hasselblad sensor employs mirco-lenses or not, but it would be useful to know if considering a back for use in that way.

ph_anto

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 03:15:17 pm »

Quote from: DFAllyn
With regard to using Phase One backs on cameras with movements (technical cameras, view cameras...) one should consider the differences between those backs whose sensors have micro-lenses and those which don't. The Phase P45+ and P25+ (and the same non-plus models) do not have micro-lenses so that one won't be burdened by color shift when shooting using movements. The P30+ has the micro-lenses, so would require shooting an opal glass frame with each exposure so that shift could be removed in post. Others certainly know more about the specifics here, but I mention this as a heads-up. I'm looking forward to shooting my P1 back on a technical camera at some point, so chose one without micro-lenses.

I don't know if the Hasselblad sensor employs mirco-lenses or not, but it would be useful to know if considering a back for use in that way.

ph_anto

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 03:18:54 pm »

Sorry,wrong button!
one of my concern is about working in winter cold,since i've read "operating conditions 0°-45°
Pages: [1]   Go Up