Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workflow for printing  (Read 3315 times)

AndreG

• photohippique.com
Workflow for printing
« on: October 29, 2008, 09:16:51 am »

Hi All,

Am I far from the mark to conclude that Capture sharpening in Lightroom + Brush Sharpening and Print Sharpening offers less options and precision than using the excellent plug-in PixelSharpenerKit from Pixel Genius ?

I ask this because, one could develop in Lightroom, go to Photoshop for noise reduction, touch ups, etc. check the rendering intend, save it as a Master in Lightroom then print what ever size or export to what ever media.

That said, I sitll got the nagging feeling that Plug-ins like PixelSharpenerKit, Genuine Fractals could give more optimum results...

Advice?

francois

Workflow for printing
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 09:56:25 am »

Quote from: pratic
Hi All,

Am I far from the mark to conclude that Capture sharpening in Lightroom + Brush Sharpening and Print Sharpening offers less options and precision than using the excellent plug-in PixelSharpenerKit from Pixel Genius ?

I ask this because, one could develop in Lightroom, go to Photoshop for noise reduction, touch ups, etc. check the rendering intend, save it as a Master in Lightroom then print what ever size or export to what ever media.

That said, I sitll got the nagging feeling that Plug-ins like PixelSharpenerKit, Genuine Fractals could give more optimum results...

Advice?
This discussion should give your some info: http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=28936
Francois

AndreG

• photohippique.com
Workflow for printing
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 07:29:46 pm »

Quote from: francois
This discussion should give your some info: http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=28936

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up