Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS4 Gives 3 error messages at start up  (Read 4158 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

CS4 Gives 3 error messages at start up
« on: October 28, 2008, 04:28:55 pm »

When I start up CS 4 I get three separate error messages as follows, each saying "it does not work with this version of Photoshop". First message says "Could Not Load FastCore Routines Module"; second says "Could Not load the MMX Core Routines Module", and third says "Could Not load the Multiprocessor Support Module". I never got these messages with CS3; I have no idea what they mean, and what I am supposed to do about them. I have 3 GB RAM and run XP. CS4 seems slower than CS3 to me. Thanks in advance.  
Dave G
Beach Haven, NJ

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 06:27:06 pm »

You haven't pointed your preferences to load up any plug-ins from another folder have you? Such as an older version of Photoshop? That's not a good idea...

PaloAlto

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 11:38:44 pm »

Quote from: Dave Gurtcheff
When I start up CS 4 I get three separate error messages as follows, each saying "it does not work with this version of Photoshop". First message says "Could Not Load FastCore Routines Module"; second says "Could Not load the MMX Core Routines Module", and third says "Could Not load the Multiprocessor Support Module". I never got these messages with CS3; I have no idea what they mean, and what I am supposed to do about them. I have 3 GB RAM and run XP. CS4 seems slower than CS3 to me. Thanks in advance.  
Dave G
Beach Haven, NJ

Dave -  I also had all three.  The first two (at least) I traced to my CS4 plug-in folder.  I had copied two folders over from my CS3 plug-in files - the subfolders containing SilverFX and Noiseware.  By deleting those and then reinstalling them from the original download exe files I managed to get rid of the FastCore and MMX Core error messages.  I haven't figured out the Multiprocessor Support Module error, and the Adobe customer support portal seems to be on vacation for the past few days.

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 10:24:57 am »

Quote from: PaloAlto
Dave -  I also had all three.  The first two (at least) I traced to my CS4 plug-in folder.  I had copied two folders over from my CS3 plug-in files - the subfolders containing SilverFX and Noiseware.  By deleting those and then reinstalling them from the original download exe files I managed to get rid of the FastCore and MMX Core error messages.  I haven't figured out the Multiprocessor Support Module error, and the Adobe customer support portal seems to be on vacation for the past few days.
Thanks guys. Yes, I did copy my plug ins from CS3 to CS4.
Regards
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up