Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK Insurance clain  (Read 1823 times)

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
UK Insurance clain
« on: October 28, 2008, 09:18:00 am »

Returning from holiday, I lost my compact camera bought last November for about £280.  The company have paid me £120 based on the second hand value. This seems unreasonable - does anyone know how to appeal this?  I have yet to recieve the letter sent 24 Oct but the money has been BACS transferred to my account.

Thanks

Charly

Rob C

UK Insurance clain
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 11:55:04 am »

Quote from: situgrrl
Returning from holiday, I lost my compact camera bought last November for about £280.  The company have paid me £120 based on the second hand value. This seems unreasonable - does anyone know how to appeal this?  I have yet to recieve the letter sent 24 Oct but the money has been BACS transferred to my account.

Thanks

Charly

With respect, I think you have been treated very fairly; for the sum involved, I wouldn´t fight anybody - chalk it up to experience. If you want better insurance, then perhaps you could try a different source where you can pay a premium to get new for old/lost/stolen/broken.

I had such a policy during my active pro days and it was expensive and I still had to pay separately for things like weather insurance etc. if I was going on a shoot. However, the peace of mind was worth it.

I have no idea if such policies are currently available - the meltdown in banking etc. must be cutting everything to shreds.

Good luck, anyway.

Rob C

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
UK Insurance clain
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 04:17:53 pm »

Unless your policy gives you 'New for Old' then second hand value is all you will ever get.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: [1]   Go Up