Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR & iTunes  (Read 11064 times)

James R

LR & iTunes
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 08:14:57 pm »

Quote from: Mike Guilbault
For some reason, LR is not finding my iTunes playlists.  I select the refresh option, but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Very odd!  LR2 on my MBP finds my play lists with no problem.   I'm wondering if you have moved your iTunes music to a folder different than the default iTunes folder structure, which uses the "Music" folder as the parent?  If so, LR2 might be looking to the default iTunes location, rather than your preferred location.

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
LR & iTunes
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 06:05:33 am »

Quote from: John Schweikert
No offense, but nobody can actually be a photographer, meaning being behind a camera and take photographs, and use LR 5-6 hours a day for 6 days a week.

Come on.

John

You are joking right?  5 hours a day for 6 days is 30 hours.  There are many weeks, sometimes for months on end, when I spend 30 hours or more in front of Lightroom.
That time might include initial editing, image adjustments, and then printing pictures.  We mainly do wedding work and so are dealing with hundreds of pictures at a time.
If we do 2 weddings on a weekend that may give us more than a thousand pictures to go through, of which 400 would need to be printed.  With LR2 I find that I rarely
need to use Photoshop anymore, so spend a lot more time in Lightroom.

Of course, and I do not know if you are a professional photographer or not, you may be thinking of only a 40 hour working week.  I wish!  

Jim

Update.  Just had a look at your website and I guess you are a working photographer!  Very nice work by the way.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 06:09:41 am by Jim Pascoe »

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
LR & iTunes
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 06:47:35 am »

Quote from: James R
Very odd!  LR2 on my MBP finds my play lists with no problem.   I'm wondering if you have moved your iTunes music to a folder different than the default iTunes folder structure, which uses the "Music" folder as the parent?  If so, LR2 might be looking to the default iTunes location, rather than your preferred location.

It has been moved to the Shared folder.. but iTunes knows this.  You'd think that Lr would recognize this too.
Mike Guilbault

francois

LR & iTunes
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 06:56:38 am »

It has been moved to the Shared folder.. but iTunes knows this.  You'd think that Lr would recognize this too.
If your iTunes library has been moved from its default location, Lightroom will not find it -  at least this is how it works on my Macs. I should have asked you about that before…
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 06:57:35 am by francois »
Francois

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
LR & iTunes
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 09:46:31 pm »

Quote from: francois
If your iTunes library has been moved from its default location, Lightroom will not find it -  at least this is how it works on my Macs. I should have asked you about that before…

Sounds like that's the problem François.  

Well... I moved my iTunes library back to the Music folder and it works fine now.  That was the problem all along.  Thanks for the help François!

Gee.. now I can let my Lr class know not to move the Music library!!  
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 11:12:45 pm by Mike Guilbault »
Mike Guilbault

francois

LR & iTunes
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 09:26:56 am »

Sounds like that's the problem François.  

Well... I moved my iTunes library back to the Music folder and it works fine now.  That was the problem all along.  Thanks for the help François!

Gee.. now I can let my Lr class know not to move the Music library!!  
It's good to hear that you finally found the root of your problem…

Francois

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
LR & iTunes
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 10:12:26 am »

Quote from: kaelaria
That's weird that the mac and pc versions would be different like that.  Sorry!!
It's not unusual to find lots of little difference between Mac + PC versions of software, sometimes due to how the OSs differ, sometimes as tweaks are added to one version and not the other. PS certainly varies between platforms.

As for the first few replies and those who only work 40 hours a week - I have to say they only showed how ignorant some people are and how loudly they like to show their ignorance whilst trying to put others down. I gave up on this board for a while due to this moronic behaviour. Sadly it seems like the unpleasantness is increasing again, judging by many recent posts.

An apology from all buffoons would be nice.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 10:15:38 am by jjj »
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

john beardsworth

• My photography site
LR & iTunes
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 10:38:18 am »

Mike

Does LR find the music if you leave the iTunes library in the shared location, and put an alias to it in the Music folder?

John

francois

LR & iTunes
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 10:59:23 am »

Quote from: johnbeardy
Mike

Does LR find the music if you leave the iTunes library in the shared location, and put an alias to it in the Music folder?

John
I'm not Mike but I tried to move my iTunes library from its default location and create an alias (with the same name). Surprisingly, Lightroom didn't find it…
Francois

JDClements

• http://www.jdanielclements.com
LR & iTunes
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 06:41:39 pm »

Quote from: jjj
As for the first few replies and those who only work 40 hours a week - I have to say they only showed how ignorant some people are and how loudly they like to show their ignorance whilst trying to put others down. I gave up on this board for a while due to this moronic behaviour. Sadly it seems like the unpleasantness is increasing again, judging by many recent posts.

An apology from all buffoons would be nice.

My reply was the first, which would count as "the first few replies." Are you referring to my post?

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
LR & iTunes
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 07:49:56 pm »

Oh, I see - so calling people 'ignorant unpleasant moronic buffoons' is ok though.  Gotcha.

Victoria Bampton

• Lightroom Queen
LR & iTunes
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 05:42:39 pm »

Mike, try a Symbolic Link rather than an Alias.  No promises, but it's worked nicely on other LR bits in the past.
Victoria
[url=http://www.lightroomqueen.

jjj

LR & iTunes
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2008, 10:48:38 pm »

Quote from: kaelaria
Oh, I see - so calling people 'ignorant unpleasant moronic buffoons' is ok though.  Gotcha.
If it's an accurate description of behaviour yes, it's perfectly OK.    

jjj

LR & iTunes
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2008, 10:51:19 pm »

Quote from: JDClements
My reply was the first, which would count as "the first few replies." Are you referring to my post?
You weren't trying to put others down, so no.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up