Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calibration Trouble  (Read 2012 times)

monkeydeus

Calibration Trouble
« on: October 27, 2008, 04:02:50 pm »

I've recently made some changes to my system that seem now to prevent effective calibration/profiling.  I'll try and keep it short and sweet.  I HAD a CRT, running Vista64.  The profile was fine, everything worked as expected.  Recently, I had to move to an LCD monitor.  Kaput.

Here is what happens.  I make a profile, using my EyeOne Display 2.  The profiling goes fine, and turning the calibration on results in a slight change (hard to detect without doing a before/after right in succession).  HOWEVER, my reds get COMPLETELY destroyed in LR/PS CS3.  It is only the reds. Blues and greens are fine.  When I say destroyed, I mean, if I set the color to be RGB(255,0,0), the apparent color you see is a pumpkin orange, when using the N.A. prepress preset for color settings.  Furthermore, I can set PS to use the Monitor settings, and get what I think are accurate reds, BUT, then LR gets hosed - neutral grays appear as sepia toned.  So Monitor settings is not a valid option for PS now.

What i think is the problem is that between the Samsung monitor driver, the EyeOne software, and the 64 bit os with it's color mgmt, I get a profile that just doesn't work for all the parts involved.  It appears pantone does not support the eyeone match software anymore, if their website is an indicator.  There is no 64 bit version of the app, either.

I've read bad things about the new Spyder, so I am not sure about that route as an alternative.  

Could anyone offer any suggestions on this?

TIA

DarkPenguin

Calibration Trouble
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:35:09 pm »

You might want to put this question in the Color management forum up a few from here.

monkeydeus

Calibration Trouble
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:54:59 pm »

Thanks, will do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up