Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting SLideShows from LR 2.1?  (Read 4963 times)

Snook

Exporting SLideShows from LR 2.1?
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:49:26 am »

Does anybody know how to export slide shows from LR and how do I burn them to DVD or CD's for viewing?
Is this even possible?
Thanks.
Trying to make a slide show and export to burn on a DVD to send to clients...?
Macintosh here version 10.5.5
Thanks for any help.
Snook

canlogic

• http://
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 11:00:24 am »

Quote from: Snook
Does anybody know how to export slide shows from LR and how do I burn them to DVD or CD's for viewing?
Is this even possible?
Thanks.
Trying to make a slide show and export to burn on a DVD to send to clients...?
Macintosh here version 10.5.5
Thanks for any help.
Snook

I don't think you can, I usually export the images I want then use iphoto/idvd to do the slideshows and burn to dvd. They are simple and work very well.
1dmkIII, some lenses, Epson 7880, iMac,

Rusty

• http://www.woodsgift.ca/
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 11:31:04 am »

I will export a slide show as a .PDF to send to folks or burn to CD/DVD. You don't get the same controls, but it is viewable to anyone with acrobat viewer. Set the quality low for e-mail.

Snook

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 11:52:50 am »

Quote from: Rusty
I will export a slide show as a .PDF to send to folks or burn to CD/DVD. You don't get the same controls, but it is viewable to anyone with acrobat viewer. Set the quality low for e-mail.

Thank you guys for the help..
The burn to PDF will look ike a slide show when they open them?
Will give it a try..
I think the million dollar program, That does not seem to exist right now MAC, would be a good DVD slide show presentation for clients..
I hear people complain all the time about this.
Again thanks.
has any body ever tried the LBR web gallery plug-in for Lightroom?
Looks very interesting but I hate to buy it if no one has tried it..:+]
Thanks
Snook

Mike Louw

• http://www.dreaminglight.com
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 12:38:33 pm »

Quote from: Rusty

Is it possible to embed a Flash slideshow, with controls, into a pdf file? There are many programs which make a Flash slideshow for websites, but these create not only the swf file but also xml and html files, and folders with the images. What I'd like to do is incorporate the whole slideshow including images and controls into a single Flash file which can be embedded into a pdf, along with other images and text.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 12:39:44 pm by mikelouw »

Snook

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 12:57:51 pm »

Quote from: mikelouw
Is it possible to embed a Flash slideshow, with controls, into a pdf file? There are many programs which make a Flash slideshow for websites, but these create not only the swf file but also xml and html files, and folders with the images. What I'd like to do is incorporate the whole slideshow including images and controls into a single Flash file which can be embedded into a pdf, along with other images and text.

That is what I am looking for..
I am not handy with flash at all. I know flash can make a website that when a CD is inserted it will start right away.
But I have no idea how to make flash material.

There should and probably is a way to make a website/slideshow that will pop to a internet browser when inserted..?

Well maybe something will pop up. I heard SlideSHow Pro Gold or something like that is pretty good but on PC only.
Thanks
Snook

PS. I have been having some problems trying to make web gallery with 2.1
How long should it take to churn out 350 images in a web gallery at almost Full high quality option and image large and thumbnails medium...?

I have a Macbook Pro with 4 gigs of Ram and it seems to take forever.. on over 45 minutes already?

Is that normal?

JDClements

• http://www.jdanielclements.com
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 09:27:47 pm »

Just use the web module. Set it up the way you want, export, and burn the whole thing to a CD. Look for "auto start" function in your CD burning software, and have it autostart the index.html file.

Edit to add: I am referring to flash, and having all the controls you want. Lots of choices already in the presets. Or check out Slideshow Pro for Lightroom, which gives you tons of controls to build a flash slideshow/gallery without having to own or know Flash.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 09:34:06 pm by JDClements »

Snook

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 09:19:38 am »

Quote from: JDClements
Just use the web module. Set it up the way you want, export, and burn the whole thing to a CD. Look for "auto start" function in your CD burning software, and have it autostart the index.html file.

Edit to add: I am referring to flash, and having all the controls you want. Lots of choices already in the presets. Or check out Slideshow Pro for Lightroom, which gives you tons of controls to build a flash slideshow/gallery without having to own or know Flash.

Thanks..
That is what I am using..
But I wanted to know if there is a way to burn them to CD and when someone pops the cd in that it starts the show...?
Also has anybody noticed that the music in the slide shows is apparently for what? Viewing just through lightroom on the laptop?
Thanks a lot..
Snook

PS. my current website was also made with slide show pro

JDClements

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 05:09:32 pm »

Export your SSP slideshow from Lightroom to a folder.

Once exported, open the folder and you should see index.html plus the swf files and the supporting folders. In the root of the folder, create a text file named autorun.inf.

Inside the autorun.inf file, put this:

[autorun]
open=index.html

Burn the whole thing to a CD and try it out. The slide show should automatically launch in a browser.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 10:11:56 am »

PS. my current website was also made with slide show pro
I just had a look at your website, some very nice pictures there, but may I suggest a tweak and place the images into galleries rather than one huge gallery with 440 images. Easily done with SSP.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Snook

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 02:49:32 pm »

Quote from: jjj
I just had a look at your website, some very nice pictures there, but may I suggest a tweak and place the images into galleries rather than one huge gallery with 440 images. Easily done with SSP.

That is what I have been trying to do, but could not find an option to to this with slide show pro...
you mean the plug in for lightroom or do you mean slide show director..
On spare time ben trying to figure it all out as I have no experience in web stuff..
Thanks for the nice comment.
you now where I can find more help on SSP?
I have a couple plugs I bought for Lightroom even bought director but not sure how to use it all yet..:+]
Thanks.
The hardest thing to do is lower the amount of images as I have literally thousands which I like a lot of them...:+]

Snook

JDClements

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 06:20:14 pm »

That is what I have been trying to do, but could not find an option to to this with slide show pro...
you mean the plug in for lightroom or do you mean slide show director..
On spare time ben trying to figure it all out as I have no experience in web stuff..
Thanks for the nice comment.
you now where I can find more help on SSP?
I have a couple plugs I bought for Lightroom even bought director but not sure how to use it all yet..:+]
Thanks.
The hardest thing to do is lower the amount of images as I have literally thousands which I like a lot of them...:+]

Snook

SSP has a wiki here and user forums here.

Director is definitely the tool to have, then your Lightroom plugin is for making just the swf file to your liking.

Bascially you do this:

1. Make your albums in Director. (Export images from LR the way you want them, but use Director to upload them.)
2. Make a Gallery in Director, and include the albums you want.
3. Go to the Galleries tab in Director and click the COPY button for your gallery (XML copy)
4. Go the Lightroom, and in the SSP settings panel, go the Data section which is second from the very bottom and change XML File Type setting to "Director" and click in the XML File Path box and paste what you copied in step 3.

Voila! Your Web module in Lightroom will feed directly off of Director! Very slick. Be sure to save it as a preset. Now, play with all the other settings until you like what you see, export it to get the SWF file, and embed the SWF file on your web site (or replace the one you already have there).
Pages: [1]   Go Up