Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 2.1 web Gallery BUGS???  (Read 2525 times)

Snook

LR 2.1 web Gallery BUGS???
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:46:55 am »

Been trying for 2 days to get LightRoom web gallery to work..
I cannot even get it out of making web gallery mode..
WHne trying to make  a web gallery , LR just cycles through all my pictures over and over and over and over again..
Nothing even happens.. it get's to a certain picture than tries to build it again I guess..
No exporting of anything..
Just keeps recycling throught the pictures in the web section of LR..
Anybody have the same problem..
is there a limit to how many pictures can go into a gallery.. I have 350 images..

Would appreciate a little help..
Thanks
Snook

Snook

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:28:17 am »

Quote from: Snook
Been trying for 2 days to get LightRoom web gallery to work..
I cannot even get it out of making web gallery mode..
WHne trying to make  a web gallery , LR just cycles through all my pictures over and over and over and over again..
Nothing even happens.. it get's to a certain picture than tries to build it again I guess..
No exporting of anything..
Just keeps recycling throught the pictures in the web section of LR..
Anybody have the same problem..
is there a limit to how many pictures can go into a gallery.. I have 350 images..

Would appreciate a little help..
Thanks
Snook

Got it working but it took over an hour to make the site with 350 images, Large Pictures and Medium thumbnails option...

Looks pretty nice I think.
you can check it out in my signature
Snook

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 01:33:26 pm »

Quote from: Snook
Got it working but it took over an hour to make the site with 350 images, Large Pictures and Medium thumbnails option...

Looks pretty nice I think.
you can check it out in my signature
Snook
Do you not think that some sort of structure would be a good idea? A scrolling list of 440 small thumbnails isn't easy to use, particularly as it doesn't respond to a scroll wheel (on my Mac) or to a click in the scroll area. Not everybody is prepared to sit through what would be a very long slideshow!

At the very least sub-galleries such as Male, Female, Architecture (I think I saw a few in the middle) would be helpful.

I suspect that the authors of that particular LR template didn't envisage its being used for such a large number of shots.

All in all, I didn't find it an enjoyable site to visit. Just my opinion, of course.

Jeremy

Snook

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 03:12:57 pm »

Quote from: kikashi
Do you not think that some sort of structure would be a good idea? A scrolling list of 440 small thumbnails isn't easy to use, particularly as it doesn't respond to a scroll wheel (on my Mac) or to a click in the scroll area. Not everybody is prepared to sit through what would be a very long slideshow!

At the very least sub-galleries such as Male, Female, Architecture (I think I saw a few in the middle) would be helpful.

I suspect that the authors of that particular LR template didn't envisage its being used for such a large number of shots.

All in all, I didn't find it an enjoyable site to visit. Just my opinion, of course.

Jeremy

This is just a temporary site of course.
It is meant to be seen as a Slide show so if you click on the view button or next to the play button there is an option to see it as a Slide show.
It is just meant to show my different types of work.
I actually think it is nice and clean and simple..
No need for fancy flash programming when the photography is already good..:+}
Thanks for your opinion.
I would also like for them to incorporate music option for websites would be nice.
I am working on a site now that is the typical site with categories.. Beauty, Portrait, Fashion etc....:+}

For a site that you can change quickly with having to know flash programing is quite handy I feel..
Snook

JDClements

• http://www.jdanielclements.com
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 06:30:36 pm »

440 is a lot, but I actually went through them all. I think it might have been the constant promise of more eye-candy that kept me going. Nice work. Ironically, the first three (shoe on stairs series) I find the most compelling. (Compelling in an artistic kind of way. There was lots of other compelling stuff in there, in a hormone kind of way.)

Snook

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 07:30:46 pm »

Quote from: JDClements
440 is a lot, but I actually went through them all. I think it might have been the constant promise of more eye-candy that kept me going. Nice work. Ironically, the first three (shoe on stairs series) I find the most compelling. (Compelling in an artistic kind of way. There was lots of other compelling stuff in there, in a hormone kind of way.)
Thanks for the comment..
It is mainly a site for fashion type stuff so that is why there is no more show type shots...:+}
I just really liked those.
I will have another site up here soon that is just art and object based. No really fashion stuff.
Thanks.
My assistant seems pretty handy with flash and said he could manipulate the lightroom gallery to have sub directorie. So I might let him show what he can do..
Thanks..
Going to try and lower the 440. it was actually 350 but somehow when I did the website I chose another folder and it took like over an hour to write the gallery I decided to leave it..
But would idealy like around 100 images..
Snook
Pages: [1]   Go Up