Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Lightroom Graduated filter tutorial  (Read 5553 times)

dreamer

New Lightroom Graduated filter tutorial
« on: October 24, 2008, 06:54:47 pm »

Hi Guys,

I just wrote my first Lightroom tutorial.
The tutorial covers graduated filter.

You're welcome to read it - http://dremer.org/?p=453.

I would appreciate to hear your opinions and comments.

Thanks!
Cheers,
Nir Dremer LrSaver, The Lightroo

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 07:58:16 pm »

Hi Nir. Can I make a quick comment about striking a balance between allowing the presentation of your ideas to flow, and on the other hand keeping each section of the tutorial small enough to be absorbed?
Two things that I find block my absorption of a tutorial are long words and repetition of words.
For example, the repetition of "present" in: "Once chosen, a new window will be presented (Figure 2, green) and will present the available graduated filter configurations."
What about, for example: "A new window will appear (Figure 2, green) showing the available graduated filter options."?
Similarly for "Locate the graduated filter on the photograph in the appropriate location". What about: "Drag the filter across the photograph". By the way, your example is quite a good one but on my screen I am having trouble seeing the three parallel lines in figure 2.
The paragraph:
"This capability is even further extended, if you would change one than one of the effects and following it you would click on the top right toggle again, you would have one amount bar called ‘Custom’ which will represent all the changes and once modifies will changes all the appropriate ammounts below respectively."
makes my brain hurt, and the part in italics doesn't make sense to me.
Hope this is of some use, cheers, David

dreamer

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 12:09:24 pm »

Quote from: Taquin
Hi Nir. Can I make a quick comment about striking a balance between allowing the presentation of your ideas to flow, and on the other hand keeping each section of the tutorial small enough to be absorbed?
Two things that I find block my absorption of a tutorial are long words and repetition of words.
For example, the repetition of "present" in: "Once chosen, a new window will be presented (Figure 2, green) and will present the available graduated filter configurations."
What about, for example: "A new window will appear (Figure 2, green) showing the available graduated filter options."?
Similarly for "Locate the graduated filter on the photograph in the appropriate location". What about: "Drag the filter across the photograph". By the way, your example is quite a good one but on my screen I am having trouble seeing the three parallel lines in figure 2.
The paragraph:
"This capability is even further extended, if you would change one than one of the effects and following it you would click on the top right toggle again, you would have one amount bar called ‘Custom’ which will represent all the changes and once modifies will changes all the appropriate ammounts below respectively."
makes my brain hurt, and the part in italics doesn't make sense to me.
Hope this is of some use, cheers, David

Taquin: I really appreciate your comments and efforts. I think that you were right to the point and I studied from your inputs.
I updated the tutorial and I hope it's now more clear. It would be great to hear your opinion again.

Cheers,

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 03:39:16 am »

Quote from: dreamer
Taquin: I really appreciate your comments and efforts. I think that you were right to the point and I studied from your inputs.
I updated the tutorial and I hope it's now more clear. It would be great to hear your opinion again.
Much clearer as far as I can see. The odd awkward word, which I don't think matters, as it's your own voice.
Still having trouble understanding:

By clicking on the top right filter toggle (Figure 3, green) you would extend filter capability to modify more than one effect with a single filter.

Going further, once modifying more than one effect and clicking on the filter toggle a new effect named ‘Custom’ is generated. This effect represents an effect group just been created. Changing group amount will change the modified effects relatively to their original values.

Do you mean:

Clicking on the top right filter toggle (Figure 3, green) allows you to change all the  parameters with a single filter.
When you do this the Effect name changes to "custom". ?

Cheers, David

dreamer

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 05:27:07 am »

Again, I agree with your comments I and revised the tutorial with these small (but important) modifications.
Thanks!

More tutorials to come - keep watching ;-)

Quote from: Taquin
Much clearer as far as I can see. The odd awkward word, which I don't think matters, as it's your own voice.
Still having trouble understanding:

By clicking on the top right filter toggle (Figure 3, green) you would extend filter capability to modify more than one effect with a single filter.

Going further, once modifying more than one effect and clicking on the filter toggle a new effect named ‘Custom’ is generated. This effect represents an effect group just been created. Changing group amount will change the modified effects relatively to their original values.

Do you mean:

Clicking on the top right filter toggle (Figure 3, green) allows you to change all the  parameters with a single filter.
When you do this the Effect name changes to "custom". ?

Cheers, David
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 07:34:44 am by dreamer »
Cheers,
Pages: [1]   Go Up