Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: capture one V4.5  (Read 7367 times)

woof75

capture one V4.5
« on: October 24, 2008, 03:47:39 pm »

I've watched the tutorial on the phase one website which is really great and I'm starting to warm up to V4.5 but I'm getting a lot of random crashes, no idea why, I'm running 10.5.5 on an intel macbook. It's just when I'm browsing through files and once it's done it once every-time I open that folder it will crash. It's just not stable enough yet. It's really promising but it does need work, it's not ready for prime time. V3.7 is fine until then.

selsoe

capture one V4.5
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 03:00:27 pm »

Quote from: woof75
I've watched the tutorial on the phase one website which is really great and I'm starting to warm up to V4.5 but I'm getting a lot of random crashes, no idea why, I'm running 10.5.5 on an intel macbook. It's just when I'm browsing through files and once it's done it once every-time I open that folder it will crash. It's just not stable enough yet. It's really promising but it does need work, it's not ready for prime time. V3.7 is fine until then.

Try to delete/move the settings folder from the folder you have problems with. Also, try to delete the settings file and/or the preferences file in <user>/Library/Preferences/com.phaseone.captureone.plist

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
capture one V4.5
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 05:20:44 pm »

Quote from: selsoe
Try to delete/move the settings folder from the folder you have problems with. Also, try to delete the settings file and/or the preferences file in <user>/Library/Preferences/com.phaseone.captureone.plist

Agreed. If you do that it will likely solve the problem. If not, try reinstalling and making sure you remove the previous installations fully (uninstall instructions here).

Of course 4.5 is not as 100% rock solid as 3.7.9 was, but that had gone through dozens of minor updates and was virtually bug free, but it is pretty darn stable. The degree of instability you're describing is not normal.

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer
Personal Portfolio

FlashDB

• http://
capture one V4.5
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 05:49:25 pm »

Be aware that 4.5 does not run Dual Quad Core Macs, I just discovered this today!  

http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Suppo...mp;LanguageID=1

I use P25/Contax with C1 and phase states thats it's an Apple issue, but Phocus runs perfect when I use my H3D39!..?

/David

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
capture one V4.5
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 05:54:57 pm »

Quote from: FlashDB
Be aware that 4.5 does not run Dual Quad Core Macs, I just discovered this today!  

http://www.phaseone.com/HOME/Content/Suppo...mp;LanguageID=1

I use P25/Contax with C1 and phase states thats it's an Apple issue, but Phocus runs perfect when I use my H3D39!..?

/David

WTF? C1 4.5 is running very well on my 8-core MacPro, at least on the processing side -- and I only shoot tethered to my laptop which has been working fine.  So I decided to confirm this and sure enough it won't tether to my 8-core Mac Pro -- allows the first image then you get a firewire error message...  Definitely sucks if you shoot to your main processing machine. Yanking all but 2G RAM may be a workaround, but kinda limiting...    
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 06:53:46 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Snook

capture one V4.5
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 10:04:47 pm »

I shot all day today on a MacBook Pro with 4 gigs Ram and 10.5.5 with 1DsMII and the application NEVER even stalled beach ball all day...
I had some problems with folders and how to set that up But all were user error..
I have for some reason Lost tethering ability with the 1DsMII with 3.7.9 now but will try to re-install  tomorrow and see if it's fixed.
I was pretty surprised today that it never crashed all day.. Shot 15 looks today with about 20-30 frames per shot if not more..:+}

Snook

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
capture one V4.5
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 12:56:44 am »

Good news Snook, glad it worked out . I am just humming along with my MacBook Pro shooting tethered. Love when stuff works like it is supposed too.
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

Snook

capture one V4.5
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 01:51:16 pm »

Hey Woof.. Did you ever get it worked out?

I'll try 4.5.1 this week coming up again...
Please report if you got it worked out.

Anybody else having any troubles.. Would like to know but so far I find it really stable

Snook
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 01:53:18 pm by Snook »

Snook

capture one V4.5
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 01:14:05 pm »

Quote from: Snook
Hey Woof.. Did you ever get it worked out?

I'll try 4.5.1 this week coming up again...
Please report if you got it worked out.

Anybody else having any troubles.. Would like to know but so far I find it really stable

Snook

OK just had a slight scare... whc could help people...
Shooting tethered was on like my 7th picture of the day when my assistant #1 copied the last 2 files to an external HD. then when we went back to look at the images the Jpgs were there along with cr2 files but the Raws lost the weight and did not open..
Strangest thing I have ever seen... Thank gosh I am anal about back-ups and make my assistant back up right away ALWAYS.
so the Back ups were fine but the images that were left in C-1 4.5 lost all the wieght and would no open.. even in the pictures folder they were only the icons and not the images..
pretty darn scary if you ask me.
it was after the 7 th shot tethered.. we double checked and they were gone.. strange b/c they were once there and copied..
That is my worst nightmare.. Losing images.
Snook

woof75

capture one V4.5
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 01:22:13 pm »

OK just had a slight scare... whc could help people...
Shooting tethered was on like my 7th picture of the day when my assistant #1 copied the last 2 files to an external HD. then when we went back to look at the images the Jpgs were there along with cr2 files but the Raws lost the weight and did not open..
Strangest thing I have ever seen... Thank gosh I am anal about back-ups and make my assistant back up right away ALWAYS.
so the Back ups were fine but the images that were left in C-1 4.5 lost all the wieght and would no open.. even in the pictures folder they were only the icons and not the images..
pretty darn scary if you ask me.
it was after the 7 th shot tethered.. we double checked and they were gone.. strange b/c they were once there and copied..
That is my worst nightmare.. Losing images.
Snook

Very scary indeed, I downloaded 4.5.1 and so far so good. Did you do a search of your computer of the file name to make sure it hadn't put them in a folder you didn't know. I think the default folder for C1 is in macintosh hd>users>your user>pictures
They may be there?

Snook

capture one V4.5
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 01:32:12 pm »

Very scary indeed, I downloaded 4.5.1 and so far so good. Did you do a search of your computer of the file name to make sure it hadn't put them in a folder you didn't know. I think the default folder for C1 is in macintosh hd>users>your user>pictures
They may be there?

Yes we did..
Basically I shot, we copied them exactly and they copied fine but then when we looked at the pictures folder where they were sent via C-1 there were icons of the images and the jpegs... But all the Cr2 had ZERO size.... jeeeeeeeeeeez this is the last thing I would want. I program some how randomly erasing images.....
How the Heck could that happen?????????????????????????????????
SCARY!
Also my last show before we broke and ate had all the images erased and we did not get to copy them.. had to reshoot it right away...
This is un forgiveable
BECAREFUL AND ALWAYS DO BACK-UPS RIGHT AWAY!!!!! NOT later!!!!!!
I can garantee it was not user error as I saw it happen with my very own eyes!!! from one minute to the other the images were GONE only the jpegs and ICONS of the cr2 images with ZERO files size!!!
impossible to throw and image by accident but the image icon still left behind.
 Would love to hear what someone from phase would say to this!!!
Snook

woof75

capture one V4.5
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 02:34:59 pm »

Yes we did..
Basically I shot, we copied them exactly and they copied fine but then when we looked at the pictures folder where they were sent via C-1 there were icons of the images and the jpegs... But all the Cr2 had ZERO size.... jeeeeeeeeeeez this is the last thing I would want. I program some how randomly erasing images.....
How the Heck could that happen?????????????????????????????????
SCARY!
Also my last show before we broke and ate had all the images erased and we did not get to copy them.. had to reshoot it right away...
This is un forgiveable
BECAREFUL AND ALWAYS DO BACK-UPS RIGHT AWAY!!!!! NOT later!!!!!!
I can garantee it was not user error as I saw it happen with my very own eyes!!! from one minute to the other the images were GONE only the jpegs and ICONS of the cr2 images with ZERO files size!!!
impossible to throw and image by accident but the image icon still left behind.
 Would love to hear what someone from phase would say to this!!!
Snook

That is absolutely terrifying. What camera were you shooting?

Snook

capture one V4.5
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 02:50:48 pm »

That is absolutely terrifying. What camera were you shooting?

1DsMII
I was afraid to goto 4.5.1 in the middle of a shoot so I am on 4.5 but that should not happen with any program..
Will keep you guys informed as I have all this week catalogue to go with the same set-up.
Thursday friday will be the P30
Snook
The thing is it happened in front of my eyes...

billy

capture one V4.5
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 02:53:14 pm »

this happened to someone on here as well:

http://realworldworkflow.com/blog/

woof75

capture one V4.5
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 04:22:58 pm »

Quote from: billy
this happened to someone on here as well:

http://realworldworkflow.com/blog/

Wow, this is serious, Phase should respond with an email warning people. Think of how many shoots will be happening over the next week using 4.5.1 and canon files. I wonder if it is just limited to canon files? I'm making sure I have plenty of backups. I've been shooting to 3.7.9 and developing in 4.5.1.

gwhitf

capture one V4.5
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 04:34:37 pm »

Wow, this is serious, Phase should respond with an email warning people. Think of how many shoots will be happening over the next week using 4.5.1 and canon files. I wonder if it is just limited to canon files? I'm making sure I have plenty of backups. I've been shooting to 3.7.9 and developing in 4.5.1.

I get laughed at for now staying away from the Bleeding Edge in anything digital any more.

Can you imagine being in a job and looking down and seeing "Zero k" as the file size?

Let's hope it's just a directory issue.

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
capture one V4.5
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 04:58:35 pm »

4.5.1 loaded flawlessly on both of my machines right over 4.5.0 and nothing weird at all to report -- could not have gone smoother
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 04:59:00 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Snook

capture one V4.5
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 05:10:43 pm »

Quote from: gwhitf
I get laughed at for now staying away from the Bleeding Edge in anything digital any more.

Can you imagine being in a job and looking down and seeing "Zero k" as the file size?

Let's hope it's just a directory issue.

Well It happened to me.... And was not funny at all. Thank god I am so anal and constantly ask my assistants.. Did you back it up.. Are the sizes all the same.
This is totally serious and has always been my paranoia.. I always do instant 2x back-ups... Many say I am anal, But you never know.
What is completely strange is it happen right in front of me, So I know nothing else could have happened.
I will have my assistant take a screen shot tomorrow to post it. Did think of it at the moment as I went into paranoia mode from then on out always 2x 3x checking each image...
Never seen Icons of images that say Zero K... with a cr2 extension.
I have had images disappear get lost, tossed by accident.. But never have I seen the Pictures disappear but the icon of the image still there but with Zero K... Really Really weird!
On the second to last look the original images got copied to the external HD but when returning to C-1 they were no longer there or anywhere on the Laptop.

Snook
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 05:13:05 pm by Snook »

gwhitf

capture one V4.5
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 05:21:42 pm »

On the second to last look the original images got copied to the external HD but when returning to C-1 they were no longer there or anywhere on the Laptop.

You shot direct to the MacBook Pro internal drive, or direct to an external FW drive, thus bypassing the laptop internal?

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
capture one V4.5
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 05:30:22 pm »

See new thread here: http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=29153

I started a new thread rather than add to this one to give this issue more prominence.

Doug Peterson,  Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer  |  Personal Portfolio
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up