Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contact Sheet II CS4  (Read 62453 times)

Jim Titschler

Contact Sheet II CS4
« on: October 24, 2008, 03:18:08 pm »

Where did Contact Sheet II go in CS4?

Mark_Tuttle

• http://
Contact Sheet II CS4
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 04:10:31 pm »

Quote from: Jim Titschler
Go to Bridge CS4, choose your images, then go to OUTPUT and under the Template chooser you have two contact sheet choices.

Is this what you are looking for?
Mark Tuttle
MarkTuttle dot Net

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Contact Sheet II CS4
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 04:17:39 pm »

Quote from: Jim Titschler

The old plug-in was not installed by default because it's no longer a fully supported feature (it's been deprecated as in superseded by new functionality in Bridge). It is, however, still available on the main disk (or disk image) in the "Goodies" folder. Additional plug-ins are also available as well as scripts you can load into Bridge to still call them from Bridge.

Jim Titschler

Contact Sheet II CS4
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 07:31:40 pm »

Quote from: Schewe
The old plug-in was not installed by default because it's no longer a fully supported feature (it's been deprecated as in superseded by new functionality in Bridge). It is, however, still available on the main disk (or disk image) in the "Goodies" folder. Additional plug-ins are also available as well as scripts you can load into Bridge to still call them from Bridge.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

jeremydillon

Contact Sheet II CS4
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 11:11:44 pm »

I use the contact sheet function in bridge as part of my workflow for creating cd covers for clients.  It was a major shock for me to find it missing in cs4.

It took me a few minutes to find the bits of info needed to add this feature back into CS4 ... so I thought it might be nice to spell it out for others.  This is the solution that is going round the web at the moment ... it worked for me.  

If you don't have the installation cd the files are also available here ...

Windows:   http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/pro...latform=Windows
Mac:   http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/pro...tform=Macintosh

I hope this is useful.

Cheers

Jeremy

--
1. From the Photoshop CS4 install disc, drop the //<language>/Goodies/Optional Plug- Ins/Automate/ContactSheetII plug-in into the //Adobe Photoshop CS4/Plug-ins/Automate folder (this is for both Contact Sheet and Picture Package).

2. From the Photoshop CS4 install disc, drop the //<language>/Goodies/Presets/Layouts folder into the //Adobe Photoshop CS4/Presets folder and restart Photoshop.

Optional: To add this legacy functionality back into Bridge (as a menu item):

3. From the Photoshop CS4 install disc, drop the //<language>/Goodies/Optional plugins/ Bridge Startup Scripts/photoshop_contact_sheet_ii folder and the photoshop_contact_sheet_ii.jsx file into following locations and then restart Bridge.

Macintosh: //Library/Application Support/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS4/Adobe Photoshop/

Windows XP: //Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS4/Adobe Photoshop/

Windows Vista: //Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS4/Adobe Photoshop/

Raw shooter

Contact Sheet II CS4
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 07:54:27 am »

The Bridge CS4 Output Module, just got a new facelift with the latest (large) Adobe update.
You may find that it has really improved, alot.  It is definitely worth checking out.
The PDF, with headers and footers, is a fantastic improvement over the old Picture Package.

**before this update, I don't think that Output was really very appealing.

rdthompson

• http://www.dougthompson.net
Contact Sheet II CS4
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 01:45:09 pm »

Quote from: jeremydillon
I use the contact sheet function in bridge as part of my workflow for creating cd covers for clients.  It was a major shock for me to find it missing in cs4.

It took me a few minutes to find the bits of info needed to add this feature back into CS4 ... so I thought it might be nice to spell it out for others.  This is the solution that is going round the web at the moment ... it worked for me.  

If you don't have the installation cd the files are also available here ...

Windows:   http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/pro...latform=Windows
Mac:   http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/pro...tform=Macintosh

I hope this is useful.

Cheers

Jeremy

--
1. From the Photoshop CS4 install disc, drop the //<language>/Goodies/Optional Plug- Ins/Automate/ContactSheetII plug-in into the //Adobe Photoshop CS4/Plug-ins/Automate folder (this is for both Contact Sheet and Picture Package).

2. From the Photoshop CS4 install disc, drop the //<language>/Goodies/Presets/Layouts folder into the //Adobe Photoshop CS4/Presets folder and restart Photoshop.

Optional: To add this legacy functionality back into Bridge (as a menu item):

3. From the Photoshop CS4 install disc, drop the //<language>/Goodies/Optional plugins/ Bridge Startup Scripts/photoshop_contact_sheet_ii folder and the photoshop_contact_sheet_ii.jsx file into following locations and then restart Bridge.

Macintosh: //Library/Application Support/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS4/Adobe Photoshop/

Windows XP: //Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS4/Adobe Photoshop/

Windows Vista: //Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Adobe/Startup Scripts CS4/Adobe Photoshop/

rdthompson

• http://www.dougthompson.net
Contact Sheet II CS4
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 01:48:38 pm »

Jeremy, Thanks so much for posting the solution. This just saved me a lot of time searching for the missing contact sheets and I have to get some CD's done today with little contact sheets in the CD insert for the client. I can't believe they just left this out. Glad there are people out there that needed this and took the time to post.  Cheers!

narikin

Contact Sheet II CS4
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 11:13:23 am »

has anyone found a way to make bridge or CS4 contact sheet function make verticals the same size as landscape images in a contact?
in a mixed bag of images, the verticals seem to pop up at 50% bigger than the horizontals, and look out of wack.

ps - I prefer Contact Sheet 2 over Bridge Output too.
pps - it doesn't appear in the 64bit version, only in 32bit

Bernard O'Sullivan

Contact Sheet II CS4
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 10:44:28 am »

Many Thanks for that tip, using the output route in Bridge was tedious and crude or pants as they say.  

Regards

Bernard

Ben Rubinstein

Contact Sheet II CS4
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 05:55:42 am »

Quote from: narikin
has anyone found a way to make bridge or CS4 contact sheet function make verticals the same size as landscape images in a contact?
in a mixed bag of images, the verticals seem to pop up at 50% bigger than the horizontals, and look out of wack.

ps - I prefer Contact Sheet 2 over Bridge Output too.
pps - it doesn't appear in the 64bit version, only in 32bit

You may not like this answer but...

Click on filter, select all portrait images (under the orientation tab), click rotate, make contact sheet.

It's what I've had to resort to.

There is no bridge 64 bit as yet (when oh when, I'll buy CS5 just for that!). If you're only seeing it in CS4 32 bit then you haven't installed it in both the 64 and 32 bit folders.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 06:38:01 am by pom »

Tyler Mallory

• http://www.tylermallory.com
Contact Sheet II CS4
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 12:06:03 pm »

Quote from: pom
You may not like this answer but...

Click on filter, select all portrait images (under the orientation tab), click rotate, make contact sheet.

It's what I've had to resort to.

You can also click the check box for "rotate for best fit". It'll do the rotating as it goes, so you don't have to switch them back and forth in Bridge. If you would prefer the vertials to remain in their proper orientation, you can set up your contact sheet as a square, and specify the same number of rows as columns. It will alot the same amount of space for verticals as horizontals, so they will be the same size.
Pages: [1]   Go Up