Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fisheye for Phase one  (Read 3727 times)

christian_raae

Fisheye for Phase one
« on: October 24, 2008, 04:03:12 am »

Hi

I'm really in a need to get a fisheye to my Hassy. The CFV back is beautiful
in many ways, but there's "no go" on the fisheye front.

So, I'm just wondering if anybody has seen the frame you get with a p45 or p25 phase back with a 30mm fisheye?

How much does the crop take ? What degree of angle will you get?

Or simply, what MFDB will have the widest coverage?, and what will the angle degree (coverage) be?

Image samples would be gold as well :-)
--

Christian Raae
NORWAY
H3D-22II & 5D
www.christianraae.com

ixpressraf

Fisheye for Phase one
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 06:22:24 am »

If you like the CFV back, why don't get you a hasselblad 39CF back. Large sensor, great price, supreme image quality and fits your 500 camera with the 30mm fish eye. Bonus: it fits all camera's exept for the Hy6 system.
With a CF(II) back you just press the button on your hassie, no need for the special phase one release cable. Just put the sync cable in the lenssync and there you go.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 06:24:26 am by ixpressraf »

christian_raae

Fisheye for Phase one
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 06:54:13 am »

oh, didn't know that back fitted the V system.

I'm going to check it out, but still, how will the 30mm fisheye turn out? What crop will You get?
--

Christian Raae
NORWAY
H3D-22II & 5D
www.christianraae.com

Carsten W

Fisheye for Phase one
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 07:01:53 am »

Quote from: christian_raae
oh, didn't know that back fitted the V system.

I'm going to check it out, but still, how will the 30mm fisheye turn out? What crop will You get?

Well, divide the diagonals. Full frame here is probably 56x56, which ought to give a 180 degree diagonal with the 30mm fisheye. The ratio of the diagonals is the crop factor (although psychologically it might feel different due to the different aspect ratios).
Carsten W - [url=http://500px.com/Carste

Khun_K

• http://
Fisheye for Phase one
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 01:42:27 am »

Quote from: carstenw
Well, divide the diagonals. Full frame here is probably 56x56, which ought to give a 180 degree diagonal with the 30mm fisheye. The ratio of the diagonals is the crop factor (although psychologically it might feel different due to the different aspect ratios).
What I did with my P45+ on Contax is to use the MAM-1 adapter and use the CF 30mm fisheye, which it works well.  It is the widest mass production lens for medium format that I use for full-color capture.  I use a special edition of CF fisheye years ago, borrowed from a friend of mine, a 24mm , with permanent blue filter built in front so it is only for B/W and other scientific purpose, that is the widest medium format lens I knew to exist, someone may know otherwise.
The P45+ is more or less a cropped image, but a fisheye is still a fisheye on P45+.  The coming near full frame chip may give a little more edge, very slightly I would say.

Regards, K

christian_raae

Fisheye for Phase one
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 03:30:34 am »

Quote from: Khun_K
What I did with my P45+ on Contax is to use the MAM-1 adapter and use the CF 30mm fisheye, which it works well.  It is the widest mass production lens for medium format that I use for full-color capture.  I use a special edition of CF fisheye years ago, borrowed from a friend of mine, a 24mm , with permanent blue filter built in front so it is only for B/W and other scientific purpose, that is the widest medium format lens I knew to exist, someone may know otherwise.
The P45+ is more or less a cropped image, but a fisheye is still a fisheye on P45+.  The coming near full frame chip may give a little more edge, very slightly I would say.

Regards, K
Hi Khun!

Do you have any image samples?
--

Christian Raae
NORWAY
H3D-22II & 5D
www.christianraae.com

Khun_K

• http://
Fisheye for Phase one
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 12:22:03 pm »

Hi Khun!

Do you have any image samples?
a snap shot few minutes ago, P45+ on Contax 645 with CF F-Distagon 30mm f/3.5 setting at f/5.6 1s, ISO 100

christian_raae

Fisheye for Phase one
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 02:05:52 pm »

Thanks for the photo!

Looks good, but I got to try it myself, gonna go visit my local Phase dealer and try it out.

/christian
--

Christian Raae
NORWAY
H3D-22II & 5D
www.christianraae.com

christian_raae

Fisheye for Phase one
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 04:44:10 pm »

Quote from: ixpressraf
If you like the CFV back, why don't get you a hasselblad 39CF back. Large sensor, great price, supreme image quality and fits your 500 camera with the 30mm fish eye. Bonus: it fits all camera's exept for the Hy6 system.
With a CF(II) back you just press the button on your hassie, no need for the special phase one release cable. Just put the sync cable in the lenssync and there you go.
Isn't it just a plain PC1 to mini jack cord You use from a PO back to the lens?
If so, is there really any difference plugging in a CF back to a PO back?
--

Christian Raae
NORWAY
H3D-22II & 5D
www.christianraae.com

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
Fisheye for Phase one
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 09:32:05 am »

Hi

I'm really in a need to get a fisheye to my Hassy. The CFV back is beautiful
in many ways, but there's "no go" on the fisheye front.

So, I'm just wondering if anybody has seen the frame you get with a p45 or p25 phase back with a 30mm fisheye?

How much does the crop take ? What degree of angle will you get?

Or simply, what MFDB will have the widest coverage?, and what will the angle degree (coverage) be?

Image samples would be gold as well :-)

Christian,

There are several options that offer you wide angle possibilities.  You can go with the new Phase One 645 w/ the Mamiya 28mm.  Take a look at some of our tests on our web site:

http://www.captureintegration.com/tests/lens/

If you might like to look into a technical camera you can take a look at Cambo's WDS, Horseman's SWD or several models of Alpa or Arca-Swiss.
Here is a link to a test of the Cambo and Horseman models:

http://www.captureintegration.com/tests/phase-one/

I'm also attaching a link Capture Integration's focal length calculator.  Just plug in your current lens and it will show you the equivalent lenses on all formats.

http://www.captureintegration.com/tools/our-tools/

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
chris@captureintegration.com
Capture Integration, Phase One Dealer of the Year

877-217-9870 | National
404-234-5195 | Cell  

christian_raae

Fisheye for Phase one
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 09:39:02 am »

Hi

I'm not planning on changing my entire system, just the back.
So the question is just which back I am to go for.

I'm currently looking into the prices of a used/refurbished p25, or a ref. Hbl cf back.

It's not a straight wide angle I'm looking for, it's a as-near-as-possible full 180 degree angle Fisheye, ergo, a back that will work with the Hbl 30mm.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:04:28 am by christian_raae »
--

Christian Raae
NORWAY
H3D-22II & 5D
www.christianraae.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up