Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.1 Bug with Auto Import Presets (via a hot folder)  (Read 2041 times)

E_Edwards

2.1 Bug with Auto Import Presets (via a hot folder)
« on: October 23, 2008, 04:14:11 pm »

On a Mac.

-Open a new Catalogue

-Open File --> Auto Import --> Auto Import Settings

-Change Develop Settings from the default "None" to any other Preset setting, let's say "Antique Greyscale"  or your favourite Develop preset if you prefer. Press OK.

-After pressing OK, you changed your mind, you want to set a different Preset after all, so open the Auto Import Settings and set "Creative Sepia" for instance. Press OK.

Now, here is the bug. Open the Auto Import Settings window yet again, and your "Creative Sepia" has been completely ignored. In fact, it's still showing the previous Preset!!

In practice, this means that if you are working tethered with a Hot folder and you decide to change from one Develop setting to another half way through the shoot, (with Auto Import enabled)  it just won't let you. It will stubbornly stick to your original Preset.

Can anyone on a Mac duplicate this problem please?

Edward

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 10:50:51 pm »

Yes, I am seeing the same thing, so it appears to be a small bug.

Fortunately there is an easy work around if you haven't found it ... open it again and select none for the preset and save that, then open it again.  It will remember the change to none, and let you set a new setting, which it also remembers.

E_Edwards

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 03:05:52 am »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
Yes, I am seeing the same thing, so it appears to be a small bug.

Fortunately there is an easy work around if you haven't found it ... open it again and select none for the preset and save that, then open it again.  It will remember the change to none, and let you set a new setting, which it also remembers.

Good to know I'm not alone in seeing this. I discovered exactly the same work around as you too.

Edward
Pages: [1]   Go Up