Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Melt Down  (Read 1272 times)

MatthewG

• http://www.matthewgivens.com
Z3100 Melt Down
« on: October 23, 2008, 10:38:53 am »

I wrote a post the other day (Z3100 ink spots)    I got all the info I needed to clean.  THANKS!!!

After cleaning my printer had a total melt down.  

The paper was getting jammed and bent between the feed tray and where it comes out the back.

I was having to load the paper several times to get it to measure the paper properly.

A spring popped loose.  (see photo)

After the paper got caught as the printheads swung by, a gear or something popped off.  (see photo)

I still get some excess ink on my prints as well.

The help I need

I have a HP repair guy coming over and would like to feel somewhat knowledgeable about what is going on and what I need to correct these issues.

Ernst Dinkla

Z3100 Melt Down
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:17:18 am »

Quote from: MatthewG
I wrote a post the other day (Z3100 ink spots)    I got all the info I needed to clean.  THANKS!!!

After cleaning my printer had a total melt down.  

The paper was getting jammed and bent between the feed tray and where it comes out the back.

I was having to load the paper several times to get it to measure the paper properly.

A spring popped loose.  (see photo)

After the paper got caught as the printheads swung by, a gear or something popped off.  (see photo)

I still get some excess ink on my prints as well.

The help I need

I have a HP repair guy coming over and would like to feel somewhat knowledgeable about what is going on and what I need to correct these issues.

It is always difficult for someone who advises another user to estimate the other user's skills in handling equipment etc.
My best guess is that you pulled part of the grey felt  upwards that lay at the bottom of the head travel path.
A vacuum cleaner will do that and you have to check carefully that the felt is embedded again at the bottom.
If paper gets stuck on that felt in the insertion phase you get trouble like that.
The pizza wheels could have been damaged that way but it could also be that you inserted a paper heavier than 0.8 mm thick.
The Z3100 can not cope with thicker more rigid sheets.

Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Pages: [1]   Go Up