Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How is c1 4PRO IQ?  (Read 6361 times)

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
How is c1 4PRO IQ?
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 10:54:05 pm »

I have The Walter Borchenko Book, I even met him personally when I was in New York, but I moved and don't know where I put the book.

It is also made for C1 3x

What I want is a simple PDF that reminds me how to use it... it is not very intuitive --the fact of it is that I studied the ultimate book and can't make it work in C1 4.5

The other thin is that I have asked photographers that know C1 up and down and don't use the COLOR EDITOR at all...

What I did was to put a technical support ticket with Phase.

[font=Comic Sa

selsoe

How is c1 4PRO IQ?
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 01:37:47 am »

Quote from: Leonardo Barreto
I have The Walter Borchenko Book, I even met him personally when I was in New York, but I moved and don't know where I put the book.

It is also made for C1 3x

What I want is a simple PDF that reminds me how to use it... it is not very intuitive --the fact of it is that I studied the ultimate book and can't make it work in C1 4.5

The other thin is that I have asked photographers that know C1 up and down and don't use the COLOR EDITOR at all...

What I did was to put a technical support ticket with Phase.

Regarding how to use the Color Editor: There are some nice tutorial videos at www.phaseone.com/4 . They are free.

If you click Go for PRO -> Video Tutorials -> Color Tool, there's a nice piece on how to use the Color Editor. I know it isn't quite what you looked for, but it may get you started.

Leonardo Barreto

How is c1 4PRO IQ?
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 10:04:18 am »

Is that for C1 4.5 ?? I'll check it out, thanks...

Quote from: selsoe
Regarding how to use the Color Editor: There are some nice tutorial videos at www.phaseone.com/4 . They are free.

If you click Go for PRO -> Video Tutorials -> Color Tool, there's a nice piece on how to use the Color Editor. I know it isn't quite what you looked for, but it may get you started.
[font=Comic Sa

selsoe

How is c1 4PRO IQ?
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 10:18:52 am »

Is that for C1 4.5 ?? I'll check it out, thanks...

Yes, those are for 4.5.

Leonardo Barreto

How is c1 4PRO IQ?
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 05:43:47 pm »

I watched all the tutorials. --I could recognize Walter Borchenko's voice--, this is exactly what I wanted THANKS. I get the idea of the COLOR EDITOR it is a good thing to know and I will probably use it soon.

This is a vast program, and it is good to have someone like Walter to give you the grand tour...

Quote from: selsoe
Yes, those are for 4.5.
[font=Comic Sa

Nicolas Claris

• Claris image builder, agence de publicite, photographie internet et presse Bordeaux, video, web agency, photo, communication, advertisement, agency
How is c1 4PRO IQ?
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 04:42:16 am »

I processed the same image with 3.7.9 and 4.5PRO and compared the two images and saw no difference in Image Quality. Also even the most unhappy of posters I have read talking about 4 mention that IQ is good.

But at least one experienced busy photographer has found that "C1pro 3.7.4 was far better... in terms of micro contrats, cripsness, details, noise, shadows, quality/richness of colors…"

What is your experience so far?
Hi all
I am the so called "experienced busy photographer", thank you for such good qualification Leonardo! But you missed the fact (or maybe I didn't mention) that the comparison I made was with 1DsM3 files, hence images made with/thru a debayering filter as opposed to MF files…
As I am stubborn, I still continue to work and try to learn CO 4.5 as I see no reason for it to give less IQ than 3.7… needs to find the right settings…
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up