Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Rollei Schneider Tele-Xenar HFT 2.8/180 PQ AF  (Read 3079 times)

Pham Minh Son

FS: Rollei Schneider Tele-Xenar HFT 2.8/180 PQ AF
« on: October 21, 2008, 03:57:11 pm »

I am selling the Rollei Schneider Tele-Xenar HFT 2.8/180 PQ Auto Focus lens. This lens has been calibrated for the Sinar/Leaf Hy6 body. This lens is the best 180mm lens that I own. The bokeh is similar to the Rollie Carl Zeiss Planar HFT 2.0/110 PQ lens.

Condition: Mint-
Price: $3500

Candid_Shot

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:10:06 pm »

What calibration are you talking about?

Are'nt all 6000 series lenses automatically compatible with Sinar/Hy6?

Thanks.

Pham Minh Son

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 11:15:40 pm »

Quote from: Candid_Shot
What calibration are you talking about?

Are'nt all 6000 series lenses automatically compatible with Sinar/Hy6?

Thanks.

Not all the lens will work on the new Hy6 and require either calibration for infinity focus and lens firmware update to allow the camera to recognize the lens. Some of the lens will give error because it cannot communicate with the lens. Another example, the Rollei Schneider Apo Symmar 4/90 PQS should be able to do flash sync up to 1/1000 but so far I know at least a few cannot do flash sync up to 1/1000. Sinar will eventually provide the service to update the lens firmware here in the US.

Best Regards,
-Son

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 02:09:11 am »

I've never heard of a more recent lens such as would be the AF version of the 180mm f/2.8 needing either calibration or firmware updates so my guess is you would have wasted your money sending it in unless there were some other unrelated problem. I have seen 180 f/2.8 focus past infinity but its not a problem related to the Hy6, firmware or calibration.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 02:09:53 am by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

Candid_Shot

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 01:22:25 pm »

Some tele lenses might have focus ring go a little past infinity. That is to allow for temperature changes to the body (amongst other reasons). And maybe for IR photography too (I don't know for sure).
300mm lens is another example. The ring will go a little past infinity.

But many lenses won't fire at 1/1000: these are the PQ lenses. Only PQS will do that. In PQ case the camera won't allow 1/1000, regardless of whether you use a flash or not.
I don't know of any firmware in the lens that can change that. I would guess you need a shutter change at the very least.

I have tested all my lenses with Hy-6 back: 40mm to 300mm. And none have any calibration for this back. The results were awesome of course, so no malfunction there. All are non-AF PQ or PQS lenses.

Pages: [1]   Go Up