Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driver problem with IPF5100 and OSX - help!  (Read 1313 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Driver problem with IPF5100 and OSX - help!
« on: October 21, 2008, 08:31:27 am »

I finally installed the driver for the IPF5100 on my new mac pro tonight - install seemed to go smoothly.

Problem is - when I go into lightroom print module and select 'Print Settings' its giving me a very generic very basic set of settings - it isnt giving me the actual proper printer driver settings I am used to with this printer from my windows machine. In other words, there is none of the normal adjustments showing up to set like  'unidirectional' etc.

If I open system preferences and select print and fax the IPF5100 shows up there.

If I go to the '+' symbol to add a printer and select the IPF5100 it looks for drivers but doesnt find any and then gives me a drop down menu to select the driver or printer model. The ipf5100 shows up there but selecting it doesnt seem to give me access to the actual driver.

Can anyone please help? I am a bit lost with setting this up on the mac and feel I have screwed up something somewhere.

Edit - Scratch this request - I must have had to many wines tonight and missed the little drop down arrow that opens up the main printer driver. *smacks hand on head*
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:51:22 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

francois

Driver problem with IPF5100 and OSX - help!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 09:38:24 am »

Quote from: Josh-H

Edit - Scratch this request - I must have had to many wines tonight and missed the little drop down arrow that opens up the main printer driver. *smacks hand on head*
The little drop-down arrow is meant for Diet Coke drinkers only!

Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up