Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 move from australia to london  (Read 1867 times)

mvandenbos

• www.mehdivandenbos.com
Z3100 move from australia to london
« on: October 21, 2008, 06:18:23 am »

Hi guys

I'm moving to london from australia for non-photography related work and am unable/unwilling to sell my z3100 printer. I'd like to move/ship the printer and am aware of costs but would like some practical advice. The printer will be moved into storage initially for 3 months and then shipped via sea freight in some of it's original packaging. What should I do in terms of preparing the ink lines, keeping the printhead carriage stable and the like to ensure the least amount of work when I reopen.

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Mehdi

Mehdi van den Bos
www.mehdivandenbos.com

Aaron Nelson

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 09:40:14 am »

I have read on this forum that some peoples warranty's were voided after moving this printer from one location to another. Before you do move it, contact HP tech support to verify the proper procedures.

mvandenbos

• www.mehdivandenbos.com
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 10:52:45 am »

Thanks but this is not relevant as the warranty has some time ago expired.
Mehdi van den Bos
www.mehdivandenbos.com

Alistair

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 03:01:59 am »

Quote from: mvandenbos
Hi guys

I'm moving to london from australia for non-photography related work and am unable/unwilling to sell my z3100 printer. I'd like to move/ship the printer and am aware of costs but would like some practical advice. The printer will be moved into storage initially for 3 months and then shipped via sea freight in some of it's original packaging. What should I do in terms of preparing the ink lines, keeping the printhead carriage stable and the like to ensure the least amount of work when I reopen.

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Mehdi

Having recently made the move from New Zealand to the UK, can I just say that you are doing the right thing in bringing the printer with you. There must be a lot of inefficiencies in this economy and things are ridiculously expensive here. It is much more economic to ship it than try to get one here.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:36:35 am by Alistair »
Alistair
Pages: [1]   Go Up