Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac OSX 10.5.5: Slooow Boot Up  (Read 13978 times)

francois

Mac OSX 10.5.5: Slooow Boot Up
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 01:08:59 pm »

Quote from: hcubell
Resolved! My wife's computer is networked with my Mac Pro and she had a copy of the NEC Spectraview II monitor profiling software on her desktop, which I use but was not being used by her because she has an Apple Cinema Display. I deleted her copy and, voila, my Mac now boots normally.
Good news, indeed!
Francois

Baxter

• http://www.baxterbradford.com
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 06:04:35 pm »

Quote from: pminicucci
Baxter:

No wonder you have some issues. You should not directly migrate from a PPC machine to an Intel machine. There are a number of lengthy and excellent step-by-step posts on the Apple forums on how to do the platform changeover. Here's a starter: PPC-Intel Migration

Most important: applications should be freshly installed.

Oops! Thanks Pat.

Puzzled that it did work fine when first installed though. I'll read the link.

Target mode from my Mac Pro (intel) might be the lazy way round this.

augg

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 07:35:08 pm »

I'm having the same problem. 6 minutes to start up. So was your problem a software conflict? I don't understand how removing the nec software on another machine solved your problem. Does your machine search other networked machines on startup?

dan

augg

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 01:20:50 pm »

Well I guess I'll answer my own question just in case some one searches this problem in the future.
After hours and hours of online reading, downloading/buying and running software fixes, mac fix it, applejack etc., fixing pram and checking ram, I finally unplugged the half dozen external drives and holy MACkerel ! it started up quickly and perfectly. Just unplugging everything did it.

dan

Quote from: augg
I'm having the same problem. 6 minutes to start up. So was your problem a software conflict? I don't understand how removing the nec software on another machine solved your problem. Does your machine search other networked machines on startup?

dan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up